Carb's Carb's Carb's & More Carb's

Options
lomajess
lomajess Posts: 94 Member
Who else is like me? I love my Carbs’, gave up everything to drink except water to be able to eat more. 1200 calories a day, I’d rather eat it than drink it :laugh: I keep telling myself I need to limit my carb intake during dinner; but I cannot do it. Mornings I eat whatever healthy carbs I want because I know it gets me going for all my exercises during the day. Lunch I eat less carbs but I guess that’s not enough, snacks I eat fruit, veggies, & water.

Anyone else having issues with giving up something they love?

Me, I’m (bread/rice) girl. :happy:

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I love bread. In fact, I bake my own! I have toast just about every morning for breakfast. I make my love of carbs fit into my calories and daily goals. I rarely go over MFP's recommendation for carbs, that way I keep my love of bread in check.
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I eat tons of carbs. Loads of people have met their weight loss goals and sustained them while eating a large proportion of their calories in carbs. As long as you're not neglecting to meet protein needs, why not just eat carbs too?

I'm not convinced that it's necessary to give them up, and nothing written on this board for a few months has convinced me to any universal merit of low-carb lifestyle beyond personal preference.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    If you love them and they love you, keep doing what you're doing :heart:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Eat carbs if you like carbs. There is NO health reason not to eat carbs, provided you aren't allergic to them, or diabetic.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    LOVE MY CARBS. :)

But just keep in mind that protien is what you need to build/keep muscles. If your body runs out of protien, it will start eating your muscles, and you don't want that!! So keep an eye on your protien levels.

It IS hard. But this whole thing is about training your body to like good nutrition. It takes self control *sigh*.....it's a work in progress. :D
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Yep. I love carbs. Always have, always will. Potatoes are my weakness, in any form.
  • seoid
    seoid Posts: 151
    Options
    I stopped eating carbs for a week and it's seriously lucky someone didn't get killed by me. LOL. I thought I was losing my mind. I love my carbs too!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    So...many...misused...apostrophes...

Sorry, anyway, I eat carbs every day. 30% of my calories come from carbs. And sometimes, when I'm being bad, I eat more. Wheat/gluten products upset my stomach (but I will take the pain for a good beer), but I can go to TOWN on some gluten free bagels, pizza, pasta....dammit now I'm hungry.

Side note, it's not just bread, potatoes, and pasta that are carb-filled. Fruits and some veggies are quite carb-y as well. We need some form of carbs on a daily basis to fuel our bodies properly.
  • bakingmadness
    bakingmadness Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Carbs are delicious. My favorites are Sourdough Toast, Potatoes, Pasta and Rice. I try to stay under my carb limit daily, and over time it has become easier. Unless I am sick and then I live on carbs for a few days.
  • dawnhite7778
    Options
    LMAO. Yeah I love my carbs. I tried to lower them. Although my weight loss did go down quick because of it. I could not handle it. lol
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Bread/Rice/Pasta? No problem I can skip em my down fall is Potatoes more specifically in the form of french fries and potatoe chips!! Aghhh!! Im on a modeate carb diet (no more than 80 a day) so if Im good I can fit in a small fry or small bag of chips every now and than :-)
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I don't do carbs,
    carbs do me
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    uh oh. reminds me of a thread I started and got locked. errr. I shall keep quiet.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I keep telling myself I need to limit my carb intake during dinner; but I cannot do it.

Why do you keep telling yourself this??
  • onehotgirl
    onehotgirl Posts: 120
    Options
    I was never a bread/rice person to begin but my carb intake was still high due that sweet sweet sugar, most of my carbs still come from the nasty simple ones, eek but I can't give up the half teaspoons in the coffee and I love chocolate!
    Don't get me wrong I still eat bread but I don't crave it because I never did prior to weight loss. Ooh I do eat oats normally everyday too :D
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i love my carbs. but i try to avoid them. >->
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    *peeks in*

Are there DANGEROUS carbs in here? :laugh:
  • bv5319
    bv5319 Posts: 7
    Options
    me....pasta/rice
    Love love carbs
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    1200 calories sounds really low.:/ It's your body, you know yourself and your circumstances best, but there are very, very few people for whom 1200 calories would be healthy, or an effective way to lose weight.

I love carbs, too.:)
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    having the same problem! carbs are my weakness. i guess i need to eat more grilled chicken, haha.