i need some support....

Options
the last couple of days, i have fell off the weight loss wagon, and i havent been eating very well. i have been exercising, just not as much as usual. tomorrow i plan to start full force again, but i still have 14 more lbs. to lose. any motivation to keep on target with my eating and exercising would be great!

Replies

• smcopley
    smcopley Posts: 34
    Options
    the last couple of days, i have fell off the weight loss wagon, and i havent been eating very well. i have been exercising, just not as much as usual. tomorrow i plan to start full force again, but i still have 14 more lbs. to lose. any motivation to keep on target with my eating and exercising would be great!

• dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I was in your boat too until yesterday. It had been two and a half weeks since I'd really been "good". I wasn't working out, I wasn't eating well, and I wasn't tracking what I was eating at all. I fell so far off the wagon, I couldn't even SEE the darn thing anymore.

But yesterday, I dusted off my elliptical and did a good hard 30 minutes on it. I recorded everything I ate, and at the end of the day, came just a little shy of my total alloted calories for the day. It felt so good that I did it again today, except substitute the elliptical with a two mile run.

So my advice to you is to tell yourself that you are going to do it for a day. That's not so daunting, now is it? And I bet that you'll feel awful proud of yourself after that one day and then getting back on the wagon will seem so much more doable and maybe a little exciting.

Oh, and one more little trick... I find that if I'm not really feeling like exercising, if I go put on my workout clothes anyway, I usually end up at the gym or outside or on the elliptical. There's something about going through the effort and wrestling with those darn sports bras that makes me say, "eh, what the heck? I'm all dressed up with no where else to go, might as well do it."