It's the little things...

Options
Ok, so I'm only on day 5...but I am so happy today, because for the first time in a long long time (if i ever even did it before, i don't know!) I walked 4.3 miles! (not flat ground, either!) Not only that, but I ENJOYED it. I want to do it again! I think if I hadn't started getting a blister (breaking in new shoes) I would have liked to walk a little longer. Thanks to everyone for the support and motivation! I just wanted to share in my little bit of success!

Replies

• jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Ok, so I'm only on day 5...but I am so happy today, because for the first time in a long long time (if i ever even did it before, i don't know!) I walked 4.3 miles! (not flat ground, either!) Not only that, but I ENJOYED it. I want to do it again! I think if I hadn't started getting a blister (breaking in new shoes) I would have liked to walk a little longer. Thanks to everyone for the support and motivation! I just wanted to share in my little bit of success!
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Good for you! I know that feeling, and it's awesome. Hopefully the weather holds up for you that you can go a couple more times this week.

If you're breaking in new shoes and getting blisters, may I suggest Band-Aid brand Extra Large Waterproof Tough Strips? They are huge, and perfect for the back of your ankle where the shoes rub. And they stay on great, even in the shower. They really work wonders!
  • Lisabeth
    Lisabeth Posts: 268
    Options
    Do you realize that 5 days is a great accomplishment????? Isn't it wonderful how once we get into our routine, we love it? Your doing great! Congrats!

Lisa:flowerforyou:
  • applepie
    applepie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    awesome!! keep it up, and yes..those little things really make a difference. congrats! :D
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Write it down on a post it and stick it where you will see it again............when you dont feel like it and then BAM...oh YEAH I love it!!

:flowerforyou:
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    Yes it is the little things and Congratulations keep up the good work
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for the support! (and the post-it note idea and band-aid idea, i like them!) i'm sooo excited. 5 days is already longer than any other time i've tried! (i've never made it past one!)
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great WTG
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!