I need a low cal salad dressing recipe

Options
2»

Replies

• dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    so far they ALL sound delish... and definitely a way to add some variety to my greens (ive been kinda *yawn* with them lately)

:love: might just fall back in love with them again..... :heart:
    ... here I come daaahhhhling,
    im commin to get my baby spinach greens and romaine..... and you better be "dressed" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I get the hidden valley buttermilk ranch packet, add a cup of light mayo and a cup of lowfat 1% buttermilk and use that. It's soooo good! Like restaurant ranch! And it's 72 calories for 2 Tbsp!
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recipe, sorry -- but I can recommend that you go to your neighborhood Sprouts store and find "Follow Your Heart - Low Fat Ranch Salad Dressing" The nutrition info is at the company's website. Other stores might carry it also - it's very good!

Nutrition info:
    http://store.followyourheart.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=11012&Show=ExtInfo
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I only use good quality Balsamic Vinegar, red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar as dressing. It's 10-15 calories max. I like my salads tart, especially with beets, walnuts and a bit of goat cheese.

^ This. Save your calories for something else. If you need some sweetness add craisins or mandarin orange segments.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It is not a recipe. But, saw on Today Show the other day some suggested brands with low calories and sodium that supposedly tasted good.

Wasn't specifically looking for them the other day, but found them when I went to get a few groceries. Picked up Boathouse Farms Blue Cheese and Ranch. The Blue Cheese has only 35 calories for a 2 tablespoon serving and the Ranch has 45 for a 2 tablespoon serving.

I put them in the fridge when I got home and then opened them and tasted them when I was cooking dinner and they are pretty good.
  • DizsJourney
    DizsJourney Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I make a balsamic dijon dressing:

2 tbsp sugar free pancake syrup
    1 tbsp dijon mustard
    1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    1 tbsp water (if wanted )

for this entire thing its 43 calories & sodium is 238. of course that may vary slightly depending on brands but not much. I've been really watching my sodium the last few weeks, so I always go with the lower sodium choices. this has worked well for me & i always have more than i really need. can also be used as a glaze (no water). The original recipe called for equal parts of all ingredients, but I find it tastes better with the extra syrup. hope this helps!
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the stuff they serve in Japanese restaurants? It's actually very healthy, if you ignore the sodium content:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/402918-japanese-carrot-ginger-salad-dressing
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup fat free sour cream
    3/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
    1/3 cup Hellman's light mayonnaise
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
    1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
    1 tsp salt
    freshly ground pepper
    1-2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
    2 cups 1% low fat buttermilk
    Directions:
    In a small bowl or large measuring cup,
    combine the sour cream, yogurt,
    mayonnaise, garlic, powder, onion powder,
    parsley, chives, salt, and cracked pepper.
    Mix well.
    Stir in the white balsamic vinegar; then
    buttermilk.
    52.3 Cal's for 1/4 cup.
  • truecountrygirl
    truecountrygirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    this is my all time favorite that i make up myself and it is really good.

1/2 cup maple syrup
    2 tbsp canola oil
    6 tbsp cidar vinegar
    6 tbsp dijon mustard
    1/2 tsp pepper

it is only 41 calories per tablespoon
    i put my lettuce in a big bowl and stir it really well with the dressing that way you dont have to use as much
    it is a simple recipe and you know what you are putting in your body when you make your own
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the "Marie's Greek Vinaigrette. It's amazing & only has 110 calories & 12 grams of fat, just 2 from sat. It also has no sugar. It's perfect IMO

this is homemade??? Ill google it and see what it comes up with...thanks.

No its not homemade, I must of missed the homemade part of the question, my bad
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Squeeze a lemon over the salad? Just at thought xxxxxxxxx Add some herbs and olive oil xxxxxx I always make my own xxxxx

Or look on youtube x
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    this is my all time favorite that i make up myself and it is really good.

1/2 cup maple syrup
    2 tbsp canola oil
    6 tbsp cidar vinegar
    6 tbsp dijon mustard
    1/2 tsp pepper

it is only 41 calories per tablespoon
    i put my lettuce in a big bowl and stir it really well with the dressing that way you dont have to use as much
    it is a simple recipe and you know what you are putting in your body when you make your own

Wow, half a cup of maple syrup only 41 cals... Wow......... I would of thought so much more, it is apparently 41 cals for a squeezed lemon for my hot water!!!!!!!!!! Still in shock................ xx But a nice shock, than you for sharing xx I know what I would rather have!!! xx

I just re read post................. Whoops for a tea spoon LOL......... silly me xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Newmans Sesame Ginger is good...a pinch spicy
    Also the Bolthouse Yogurt dressings are fab

Not a recipe though.
  • pigpentw
    pigpentw Posts: 13
    Options
    Try this web site if your into making your own AWESOME dressings

http://www.natures-health-foods.com/salad-dressings.html
  • jopalis
    Options
    ReshapeMariah....that ranch type dressing sounds amazing! Nutritional info sound really low! yeah...
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    apple cider vinegar, with splenda, and mrs dash= 0 cal 0 carb 0 fat 0 sodium
  • jopalis
    Options
    PigpenTW....no nutritonal info though... guess can use the calculator. Nice site. thanks.