Dutch Model sues for being deemed "too fat"...

Options
2»

Replies

• fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    She's "chubby" for a model. But I personally would love to have her bootay. :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    she looks great but if her employer thinks she is too large to promote their product i dont have a problem with it.
  • Deinonychus
    Options
    The modeling industry is clueless as to what men find attractive. I guess that is probably not their aim anyway.

Nope. They want human coat hangers and little more.

Very true, modeling isn't about the model per say it's about making the clothes look amazing. If you're taking away from the clothes or whatever it is you're modeling (and you're not a super model) they don't want you. Personally I think she looks gorgeous! I would kill for those hips and *kitten* saying that she does look a little bit bigger than your average model. Not to mention those pics have been adjusted to within an inch of their life so it's hard to say what her body really does look like. If it's even 2% like those pictures though she's still hot.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    :noway:

Personally I would rather see more "models" that looked like her! :drinker:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    she looks great but if her employer thinks she is too large to promote their product i dont have a problem with it.

Agreed, but this isn't about her being hired or not, it's about collecting her winnings. They don't need to use her, but they should have to pay the contract... Right?
  • butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Holy cow!! I would totally kill to be that "fat"!!
  • Dezzie046
    Options
    Apparently, at the time she won the contest, she got a contract with a company that had not set any requirements for measurements in the contract. Later on, for some reason the company taken over by Elite Models, and she claims they said she had a nice face, but her *kitten* was too big.
    I'm happy she won the lawsuit. Models should look fit and healthy, not skinny.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    unless they mixed up "too fat" with stunning I can't see the logic...
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

Agreed, but this isn't about her being hired or not, it's about collecting her winnings. They don't need to use her, but they should have to pay the contract... Right?

yeah if she won a contest she should get the reward as long as there was nothing in the contract about gaining weight or something similar.
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    she is beautiful!
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    If she is considered fat..I am f*cked.

Almost spit out my water laughing when I read that.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    It's her hips, and she has a booty...if only, I was that tall =(
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    "Too hot" maybe.....
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Ok. This is a big pet peeve of mine,

RUNWAY MODELS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A WALKING HANGER, Having significant shape in a the clothing distorts the image of the garment. Fashion is art. You arent supposed to think "Oh wow her *kitten* looks great in that." You are supposed to look at the garment, Having a detectable body takes away from what is supposed to be in the spot light, THE CLOTHING.

Yeah its wrong but its how it is.

They shouldnt have hired her if she didnt fit their image. I hope she wins and gets the money she worked hard for,
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Wow!! I wish I looked that "fat". People are insane if they think she is fat.
    Just more pressure on us females to look even better ................... Sigh......... Also is that picture or had that picture been airbrushed? I know without she would look fantastic, but just a thought.............. xxxxxxxxxxxx