How long does it take to see some weight loss?

Options
Hi! I am just wondering how long it will take to see some sort of progress. I have lowered my intake of food to about 1400 calories and have been working out with the Wii. Its been a couple of weeks and I do not see anything happening. I am just wondering if I am giving my body enough time or if I am eating enough. I just thought with eating less there would be a dramatic difference. I am trying to lose 20 pounds and the 3 pounds I lost was before I even changed my diet and worked out. Thanks for the help!

Replies

• lynus85
    lynus85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I didnt start to notice any chnages in my body for about 5 weeks, other people didnt start to notice until about 3-3.5 months. hold tight changes will come :)
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    bleh...I've been counting calories since the beginning of the year and currently on my 8th week of P90x. Lost a whopping 5 pounds (the first week).

I know the weight loss will come...but darn it's so frustrating when you don't see any progress!

Hang in there!
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on alot of things! Im 32 now but when i was in my 20's the weight just seemed to melt off very easily. i could just do weight watchers and not even work out and id lose like 4-6 lbs the first week and at least a good 1-3 every week after that for weeks. Now i work out almost every day, watch what i eat, get good sleep and it barely comes off. some weeks i dont even see a weight loss. I now realized how important it is to measure because sometimes i do see inches lost. that helps me stay on. my clothes fit better, i feel like i look better even tho that D*** scale doesnt move i know im on track!
  • SanDiegoSarah
    Options
    Keep in mind that if you started working out around the same time you started watching your food intake, you are probably gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat. That's why the scale can be misleading sometimes. Have you tried using a tape measure to take your measurements? It's very motivating to see yourself lose inches even if the scale isn't moving. And usually, inches lost means your clothes are fitting better, even if the scale says otherwise.
  • Acquiescent74
    Acquiescent74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks!