Pants Roomier, Spirits rising

Options
Losing weight for me is an eternal battle. I am 33 and have stayed a good 40 pounds over my desired weight since being a teenager. Good thing I am tall, I wear it better than most but it doesnt make the hurt any easier. I have been on a major diet reconstruction for the last three weeks or so and I have lost 15 pounds. I am choosing healthy veggies and salad and fruit. I still have to say yuck. I am exercising. I dropped all diet coke, coffee, and anything else that isnt water. I am using every ounce of willpower I have! But my success is that my clothes fit so much better now and when I start seeing results, it motivates me! I need to continue like I am doing, but it is so so hard. A constant struggle. A never fleeting thought of cravings and food. But I have been asking myself lately, which tastes better? a bag of chips or a size ten pants? Logically, its am easy choice.....but it is a very hard choice. I know I want to get into that size ten. Its been years....... I'm going to do it this time. Yeah me! :smooched:

Replies

• otcarlson
    otcarlson Posts: 16
    Options
    Losing weight for me is an eternal battle. I am 33 and have stayed a good 40 pounds over my desired weight since being a teenager. Good thing I am tall, I wear it better than most but it doesnt make the hurt any easier. I have been on a major diet reconstruction for the last three weeks or so and I have lost 15 pounds. I am choosing healthy veggies and salad and fruit. I still have to say yuck. I am exercising. I dropped all diet coke, coffee, and anything else that isnt water. I am using every ounce of willpower I have! But my success is that my clothes fit so much better now and when I start seeing results, it motivates me! I need to continue like I am doing, but it is so so hard. A constant struggle. A never fleeting thought of cravings and food. But I have been asking myself lately, which tastes better? a bag of chips or a size ten pants? Logically, its am easy choice.....but it is a very hard choice. I know I want to get into that size ten. Its been years....... I'm going to do it this time. Yeah me! :smooched:
  • ccidermill
    ccidermill Posts: 6
    Options
    Keep up the good work. When I eat a little more then I think I should, I go and do some exercise to compensate for the extra calories. My goal size was a 12 and I fit into it with a little extra room to spare this weekend. I actually could put on a 10, but it is still tight. So now I have a new goal. I don't think I've ever worn a size 12 before. Always struggled with my weight. Now is the time to get healthy.:flowerforyou:
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    Way to go - Congratulations on the attitude. You will get past the struggle some day and be able to exercise and enjoy food some day.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! It sounds like your doing great :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!