Too much protein?

Options
Hi, I just added my supper to my tracker and realized that I have too much protein! Usually I am under my protein but today I had some ham and that brought my protein to 81, and im only allowed 45.
Will this cause me to gain any weight? Is it bad?

Replies

• HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    sweet heavens no! i usually have over 200g of protein a day. if you are going to go over something Id say protein is the one to do it on ;)
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    Absolutely agree with Holly ..... More protein the better. Dnt worry. If u r
    Exercising u need the extra protein to repair ur muscles / body. ;0))
  • JanetGurl
    JanetGurl Posts: 25
    Options
    sweet heavens no! i usually have over 200g of protein a day. if you are going to go over something Id say protein is the one to do it on ;)

Is there a chance of feeling ill if you consume too much protein? One evening after a vigorous workout, I think I consumed about 75g of protein. I felt a little nauseous and blah, I was relating it to my workout but who knows. But one thing I do know is that I was severely craving protein, so I ate it hahaha..
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    I am always over on protein and fiber! I think it's a good thing to be over.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just added my supper to my tracker and realized that I have too much protein! Usually I am under my protein but today I had some ham and that brought my protein to 81, and im only allowed 45.
    Will this cause me to gain any weight? Is it bad?

Excess calories make you gain weight, so if you were to go "over" in any macro but stay under in your cals you'd be fine. And as other posters have said I wouldn't worry about going over in protein unless you already have some underlying kidney issues
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Is there a chance of feeling ill if you consume too much protein? One evening after a vigorous workout, I think I consumed about 75g of protein. I felt a little nauseous and blah, I was relating it to my workout but who knows. But one thing I do know is that I was severely craving protein, so I ate it hahaha..

i think you would have to eat a s*it ton of protein to get sick. i honestly wouldnt think it was what made you feel sick....unless it was undercooked or something. perhaps it was just a co-winky-dink <
    yea i used that ;) coincidence? not sure how to spell that, ha