APPLE SHAPED...

Options
For those of you that are apple shaped , do you tend to lose your weight below your waist first? Does it ever catch up everywhere else? Everytime ive lost weight my butt and legs go first (and there isnt much to go from that area to begin with) . I have alot that can go in my stomach and arms but that goes so slowly! ive never been thin so i dont know if i should expect for things to "even out" .

Replies

• withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm apple shaped. I've lost quite evenly, meaning I'm thinner, but I have retained my apple-y proportions. My waist was disproportionately big 60 pounds ago. Now I'm a lot thinner, but my waist is (while certainly smaller than before) still disproportionately big.

I think I'll be more proportionate when I lose 15 more pounds, with an actual waistline and stuff. We will see :)
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    withchaco! best of luck i sure hope you meet your goal and i am very interested for you to update me. i cant wait to be proportionate, i hope that is a realistic goal for me:)
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Best of luck to you as well. I know we can both do it. We just gotta stick to it and never give up! :flowerforyou:
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    YES. I always lose weight in my butt and legs first, which is so annoying because they don't really need it. My butt is flat as a pancake already. :grumble: But I've lost 15 pounds and have definitely lost some of my stomach, but I wouldn't say it's "even" yet. I still have problems with my lower abs carrying weight, which drives me craaaazy, but patience is key. We'll get there!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm apple shaped too, with flat butt and nice size muffin top! I lose weitght in my stomach last which sucks cuz it's the FIRST place I will gain weight! Ugh! Good luck everyone!
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Ladies when i get to be about my healthy weight i will sure update yall if i ever become proportionate!
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I always lose from my butt, thighs, chest, arms and lastly my belly. Since I have very small hips I never reach that 10" difference you are supposed to have for a balanced body. When I'm down at goal my hips will be about 34.5 and my waist about 26 and chest 36 so I guess I get close. I think that whatever your problem spot is seems to be the last to go. I know pears who say they never lose in their hips and thighs even as their waist will shrink down.