Baby Belly.....??

Options
So.. I had my daughter in Jan of last year. I got HUGE... all belly.. only gained 14 pounds. She weighed almost 9 pounds when she was born. So, I left the hospital smaller than I was when I got pregnant. But I want to be SMALLER! I have started back working out and dieting.. but since I've lost a few pounds, I'm noticing this pocket-like patch of skin on my lower belly from where it stretched out so much. My question is... what can I do to get rid of it? It's SO UGLY!!

Replies

• qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You just have to give the skin time to tighten. How long it take and how firm the skin gets are all dependent on genetics and age. If there is fat underneath the skin, then you just need to keep losing body fat by caloric deficit.
  • 2bfit4fun
    2bfit4fun Posts: 12
    Options
    Unfortunately, depending upon how bad it is, plastic surgery may be an option to consider. I had a c-section, the small dun-lop pouch, which after 3 years of weight loss, clean eating and 15,000 abs and crunch exercises is still quite visible, and the unsightly stretch marks and scaring will be removed surgically!!!!
  • jaxboxchick
    Options
    I've had three kids...I hate it! But it's getting smaller little by little.
  • startover
    startover Posts: 37
    Options
    I have had two kids and the more weight I have lost the more droopy that stupid pooch of skin becomes. :( I am hoping as well that it will eventually tighten, but only time will tell, unfortunately.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Tummy tuck. Start saving your cheddar.
  • kaylaCdewire1311
    Options
    I have a cousin, that practically DOUBLED in size when she was pregnant. Her's is STILL there after 7 years, and she is skinny as a rail. Mine gets worse every inch I lose. Guess I better start saving the dough...... :(

Thanks for all of the input!