Gym distance

Options
So just wondering how far do you all drive to get to your gym? Mine is 13 miles from my home but it is very close to my job. So I go at lunch time and work out. I am thinking about going to work out in the mornings and then go back home get ready and to work. Seems like a lot of miles to me though.

Replies

• Vanessa_lilia
    Options
    i used to go to one about 15 miles from my house but now i go to one 2 miles away soo much easier for me to get motivated to go now...and doesnt ur gym have showers wouldnt u be able to get ready there before work?
  • kidbxrs
    kidbxrs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    they do have one bathroom and one shower stall in there. So yes that is an option too. I just didn't want to take the bathroom up for 2 minutes while i showered and dried my hair and got ready for work. But i can't justify driving all that extra miles i don't guess.
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    3 miles. I'm lucky it's so close. I love my gym and I'm so glad I rejoined when they moved to their new location. I've been going 5 days a week since I rejoined last month (except for when I was sick with Bronchitis).
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I have a decent apartment gym but the lifetime fitness I goto is less than 2 miles so I can walk
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    mine is 1.2 miles, in nice weather I walk there to warm up my muscles my work outs...
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Mine is 2 miles and I have to pass it on the way home from work, so I stop then because once I get home I will not go back out.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    my school gym is like 15mins drive. my real gym is 30mins. and my oh my god i dont feel like going to the gym today gym. is in the basement.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I have two seperate locations of my gym that I go it. 1 mile from work and 5 miles from home. I usually ride my bike to the one by home so I can skip my warm up/cool down.
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    Six miles from my house, about a mile and a half from my school, and on the way there/back. I just go after school and on Saturdays.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    1/2 a mile. I walk.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    mine is about a 15 minute drive to the other side of the city
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My gym is home, I have a treadmill & do pilates & weights
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    It's a half mile from my house if I cut thru some areas that aren't really public roads (I live on the border between two states so there is a lot of no-mans land around here). But I rarely go. I'd rather work out outside so I choose to run, walk, or cycle unless it's miserable out (to me miserable is wind chills of under zero degrees, or heat index over 100). I do yoga and lift weights at home.

Really, the only thing I use the gym for is the rowing machines and the eye candy. My health insurance subsidizes it so I pay very little, otherwise I'd just cancel.
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Probably about 10 miles but sometimes I bike about 2 miles to the gym at my friends apartment building.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I work at the Y so I just work out after my shift :) don't really technically even have to drive. It is about 5 minutes from my house too.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    It was about 7 miles before I bought everything I needed for home workout. o more driving. I would join classes if it was close enough and cheap enough to pay for my daughter as well.
  • Stephanie2167
    Options
    I drive about 10 minutes.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    My gym is about 6 miles from my house (a 5 minute drive) and my Pilates studio is about 10 minutes from my work, so I get to take classes there 2-3 times a week on my lunch break.