Turbofire....HELP?

Options
Hi...

Anyone else out there doing Turbofire? If so, did you feel like you would never get the routine down? I could not keep up and I feel really, really uncoordinated!!

Replies

• chodgi06
    chodgi06 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    is it really hard? i'm considering ordering that (have another discussion going trying to decide between TF and the body media fit calorie-burn measurer) workout but i'm on the fence. i tend to pick up fairly quickly in classes i attend, but the video they have on their website does seem a little complicated :-)
  • Stacyfit37
    Options
    I'm on week 7 now and can do most of the routines without even watching the tv. It took a couple of weeks but then it became much easier.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    After a week or two you will be a pro! no worries! :D .. makes you feel super uncoordinated!
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've done several of the videos, not following the program. I still don't get most of the routines LOL but I do sweat like a mofo and burn a lot of fat while i'm doing them. If you feel as though you're getting a good workout, keep it up!
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hi...

Anyone else out there doing Turbofire? If so, did you feel like you would never get the routine down? I could not keep up and I feel really, really uncoordinated!!

I started Turbofire and by the time I caught on to one move, onto another. This easily frustrates me and in the process, I injured my knee and had to stop. I then moved to a different form of exercise, one of these days I would love to try it again, but for me, wasnt a good beginner workout.
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It gets easier. I couldn't keep up at first and now I know all the routines and I love them. It's much more fun when you get the routine down and can keep up.

Don't give up, It serves up good results (:
  • Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Are you doing the new to class versions or did you jump right into the regular routines? I did the new to class ones the first 5 or 6 times so I could figure it out easier and eventually I got the moves down.
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Just like anything, it takes practice... I'm on week 7 as well, and I don't need to watch the screen anymore :-) You'll get the verbals and be able to focus on your burn! :)

KEEP PRESSING PLAY!
    I'm a BB Coach and would love to help anyone with questions about these programs -- you can PM me, or find my FB page
    facebook.com/sexybackfitness

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the posts. In fact the first week, I got so frustrated that I couldn't do the moves adn I had stopped a couple of times and actually said WTF??? or how is she doing that, but I did the break down, at times, I rewound certain parts and I am now on week 6 and I can do 99% of the routines and I don't have to even watch the screen.

Advice would be to keep at it and you will be able to do it :)

Keep pressing play!
  • vtgirl77
    vtgirl77 Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm on round 2..you'll get it! And once you get the moves down, you can go harder....this is my favorite BB program by far!
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    It's good that it's complicated - keeps you from getting bored later on.

I've been doing it for about a year and I LOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!!!!!

I was a bumbling idiot for the first few weeks but now it's no problem. You'll get it and it will be so much FUN! Just be patient and think about all the calories you're burning just flailing around. :)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i did day 1 on monday, missed yesterdays - but i did kind of have a hard time getting the moves down at first. i think over time ill get the hang of it though
  • dardell77
    dardell77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I needed to hear all these comments!! I do feel like I'm all over the place and I look so stupid working out to these dvd's! I'll keep at it....thanks again!
  • tayri29
    tayri29 Posts: 5
    Options
    If you can't keep up with turbo fire you may want to start with turbo jam, its almost the same moves but at a slower pace. You still workout hard but turbo fire is def a step up a lot more intensity and a lot faster but I love it. That's just my opinion.
  • Bxrlvr73
    Bxrlvr73 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just got my Turbofire and have done a couple workouts, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who had trouble the first few times...omg, I was tripping over my own feet! It's getting a little easier so Im sure I'm gonna get it! I love the music and Chalene!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm about 99% sure that I look like a bumbling idiot, but the point is....i'm burning calories. It's not the fact that you're getting the moves RIGHT that helps you lose weight, it's the fact that you're MOVING!! So my advice is, keep moving!!!! There are points in the routine (Fire 30 i believe) where she is punching and turning. I found that I couldn't keep up to that and was getting frustrated. I stopped doing the turn & started doing only the punch combo. It works for me. I often take breaks, stop to catch my breath, etc etc...

I'm in the middle of week 3, and you can definitely see a change. I'm not doing everything correctly, but I AM moving....or flailing around rather. Just keep going.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I"m gonna bump this thread because I'm grateful that I am not the only bumbling idiot out there! :laugh: