Shocking the Body?

Options
I'm doing strength training and cardio 4-5 days a week (elliptical, treadmill, stairclimber). I've lost 87 lbs. so far and have been hovering around 318-320 for a few weeks now. I'm thinking of mixing up the cardio to incorporate a class with higher intensity (cardio bootcamp or zumba). I've heard that sometimes you need to "shock" your system by mixing up excercise too. Thoughts on this? Thanks for taking a look! My diary is open to view.

Replies

• EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when we start a very different work-out routine you will lose a lot of weight initially before your body starts adapting. Not to make this about me, but when I started body pump last year, I lost a lot of weight in the first couple of months. It slowed down dramatically once my body adapted though. I recently started Jillian Michaels last month after a long plateau and barely losing with a trainer. Today my work clothes that I bought in December and were fitting fine a few weeks ago are falling off. So that is why its good to mix up your routine or intensity which you are doing.