For those who upped their calories...

Options
Hi there.

Quick question for those people who increased their calories after a plateau and started losing weight again. How long after upping your calories was it before the scale showed downward progress? A week? A month? Did weight increase first?

Many thanks.

Replies

• Par8hed4life
    Par8hed4life Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I have recently upped mine (about a week or so) and so far, no loss. However, no gain either!
  • Lindens1
    Lindens1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • jelicaa
    jelicaa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • colorfulcupcakes
    colorfulcupcakes Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm on a plateau, I increased my calories over a month ago... No change. I haven't gained or lost. :/
  • houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i too have only been doing it for a couple of weeks - had a great loss the first week but TOM has come between me and the scales this week and we keep falling out:grumble: however I am in smaller clothes than what I was 2 weeks ago so that's got to be good. i'm going to wait until next week to weigh though hopefully we will be a happy partnership again...
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

Quick question for those people who increased their calories after a plateau and started losing weight again. How long after upping your calories was it before the scale showed downward progress? A week? A month? Did weight increase first?

Many thanks.

I upped from 1200 to 1600 and the first week I dropped over 2lb.

I expected a gain and was prepared to wait a month before making a decision on whether the change was a good decision or not, but thankfully my body liked it :)
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I've done this twice. I didn't gain any weight (only went up a couple hundred calories a day), but it took me about week to see results.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I saw results quickly BUT in addition to upping my calories I also upped my protein, decreased my carbs, added a strength training class and started using heavier weights in my conditioning classes. Not sure which thing was the key or if it was the combo but I broke a 4 month plateau and lost 8lbs in two weeks.
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone.