just befor bed

Options
HI all I am finding that sometimes when I go to bed at night i find that i want to get up and have a nibble on something last night I went and got a cheese cracker with nothing on it and nibbled on that and was right can anyone help me with this before I started losing my weight if I could no sleep I would go and get a peice of cheese and would be right
I have heard that it takes so long for your body to stop craving for something to take that craving away

Replies

• pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    As long as it works into your calories for the day, its ok. There is no right or wrong time to eat. Its been said before, just don't eat WHILE sleeping. LOL
  • YMark
    YMark Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Have two or three tablespoons of cottage cheese with sugar free jelly before bed.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Alternatively you could eat slightly less during the day and save some calorie space for these snacks. The act of eating at night, even right up until bedtime, is not going to make you fat as long as it doesn't put you into a calorie surplus. Effectively, you can plan for this behavior simply by shifting some calories from daytime to nighttime (eat less during day, eat more at night).
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Alternatively you could eat slightly less during the day and save some calorie space for these snacks. The act of eating at night, even right up until bedtime, is not going to make you fat as long as it doesn't put you into a calorie surplus. Effectively, you can plan for this behavior simply by shifting some calories from daytime to nighttime (eat less during day, eat more at night).

This.

For the last 10 months i have eaten around 80% of my calories after 10pm, including my 1k cal dinner, and 3-500 of snacks over the next 4-5 hours. All logged, all accounted for. No breakfast, small protein-dense lunch. I hit my macros, keep my deficit, and am now reaping the rewards! :D