Exercise without the sweat

Options
I work full time and go to school full time so needless to say I am always on the go. I want to fit exercise in more but usually don't have enough time to squeeze a shower in after. Needless to say this means no exercising.
Does anyone know any good exercises to do when you don't have a lot of time, that do not require a shower after. This way maybe I can squeeze an extra exercise in somewhere.

Thanks a ton!!!

Replies

• SwSe86
    SwSe86 Posts: 11
    Options
    I work full time and go to school full time so needless to say I am always on the go. I want to fit exercise in more but usually don't have enough time to squeeze a shower in after. Needless to say this means no exercising.
    Does anyone know any good exercises to do when you don't have a lot of time, that do not require a shower after. This way maybe I can squeeze an extra exercise in somewhere.

Thanks a ton!!!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    walking is good. Take the stairs whenever you can. Use light weights for lifting. You will need to do several reps.

The best thing would be to find some time somehwere for your workout and the necessary grooming time afterwards
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

Thanks a ton!!!

I don't like to sweat either when I'm exercising. :noway: So, I either take a walk, (weather permitting!) or I dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs.
    (Like "Love Shack", "Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria") and I have a fan blowing on me as soon as I start to get hot.
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :smile:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    One thing I do when I don't have time to exercise is try to incorporate a little bit throughout my day. So for instance, I'll be standing in line somewhere and I'm squeezing my glutes, or standing on my tip toes. I'll "walk" through the house doing little lunges and squats. I'll squeeze my biceps when I pick up the baby or rock him back and forth using my thigh muscles. Or I'll sprint to the garage (our garage is 1/8 a mile to the house, but you get what I mean) when I need something.

When I'm really consistant with it, I surprise myself at the amount of exercise I actually got in for the day.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    can you excersice in the evening? or early in the morning before your shower? walking is good, but it's important to really push your body. if you're not working up a sweat at all, you're not burning much.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Kerri, I just saw your latest picture...really great work!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Kerri, I just saw your latest picture...really great work!

thank you :flowerforyou:

finally starting to firm up!
  • MarineWife1371
    Options
    I exercise usually in the morning before my shower, but if I feel like doing a little extra throughout the day I'll do some lunges or some squats or even some crunches or pull ups.... I figure every little bit helps even if I'm not breaking a sweat!!

but you really do need to work it in to get your heart rate up at least a couple times a week, get the heart pumpin and the sweat pouring :)
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    can you catch a ride into work and then run or bike ride home? You are burning more calories when you work up a sweat! You can break up your sweat time, 15 minutes before your morning shower, 15 minutes in the evening.