Eat what u want...

Options
Does anyone think or believe that you can eat what u want workout and still lose weight? Just a curious question. I know we are all out here trying to do everything right and make great choices but has anyone just cut back a little and ate what they wanted in moderation and lost weight without all the stress and pressure of doing it "right" per se??

Replies

• iriswilliams64
    Options
    I am just cutting back, smaller portions, and I sub in salads with my heavier meals so that I get full. cut my meat portions in half. It really wasn't what I was eating, it was the lack of exercise. So i do believe that you can eat what you want and still lose weight.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat what I want, I just make sure not to overdo it. If I want chocolate, I'll have a little bit.
  • Hollybot
    Hollybot Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I do :)
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    Yeah, technically if you keep your calories low enough you can eat whatever you want and lose weight.

However, your body is a little more complicated than that, it needs macro nutrients and micro nutrients to survive, fight off disease and function at it's optimum.

So while you can get away with lower of amounts of junk food that are high in salt and sugar, your body will love you a little more (and probably last longer) if you give it what it really needs. Vitamins, fresh food, etc..etc..
  • sssygirl
    sssygirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think with this site I find I can eat what I want from time to time..but portion is a big part of that.
    I cannot eat pizza and cookies everyday, but I can have 1-2 cookies now and again. I can also go out to eat or have a drink or dessert.
    I am just making better choices and being more choosy about what I indulge in, some things just are not worth it to me anymore.
    Also I make sure i have a great workout the day I splurge!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want - I just do it in moderation. Instead of eating an entire package of cookies or an entire personal cake - I'll read the label and follow the serving sizes. There's no reason to make any food completely off limits. This is your life -- enjoy it for heaven's sake!

Most of what I eat is good for me, but if I want a Reese's peanut butter cup - I'm going to eat it.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I've been losing and basically eating what I want. I have another friend on here who is really close to her goal weight and I added her because she eats what she wants too.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I firmly believe that you can't out exercise a bad diet. That's just been my experience.
  • MommyLyssa
    MommyLyssa Posts: 134
    Options
    I eat what I want. I eat healthy most of the time, but really? There is this bakery in town that has my business far more than it should. Their chocolate dipped canolis?? I don't ever go more than a week without one...and sometimes there are a few in a week :D Just for an example, of course.

Dang, now I want a canoli!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I generally eat well (with the exception of the occasional unplanned and regretted binge day), but I always allow myself a treat a day so I don't feel so deprived. If it weren't for my occasional binge (which always goes over calories), then I would be down even more than I am now--and I've lost close to 70 pounds now.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I definitely eat what I want in moderation. I make sure it suits my ratios for the day also :)
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat what I want, just work it into my day...all about the moderation. I have ice cream just about every single night.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Sure do, and it's worked for me... I don't eat much "diet" stuff - every now and again I get curious and buy it but am usually disappointed, you'd think I'd know better by now. Case in point- I keep reading glowing reivews of Skinny Cow icecreams, so I bought a box at the supermarket and won't be wasting my money again. They were hideously overpriced and had a nasty chemical aftertaste. Next time I will be smarter and buy a small tub of really good quality icecream and eat a small portion.

Generally my meals are homecooked and pretty healthy, I just have to pay attention to portion sizes here too. And most of my snacks are healthy too, so there is no reason to not eat my "regular" foods.

My biggest weakness is for junky snacks (biscuits, cake, lollies) so I tend not to buy them too often as I'm not very good at only eating a little bit. But, these certainly creep into my diet more than they should, but it hasn't stopped me losing weight (maintaining now) and being healthier than I've ever been.
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I did that at first, but I was still hungry a lot of the time. Changing up my eating habits helped me a lot (like subbing spaghetti squash in for spaghetti noodles, making my own tortilla pizzas, etc.) as I can feel fuller easier now. The transition took a little bit of time - I'm not going to lie - but I find that the healthier foods I once sneered at taste just as good....actually, they sometimes taste even better! Still treat yourself to the other things you used to eat, but in newer ways (like only eat half of the portion or choose a meal that has fewer calories). It takes time, but in the end it's well worth it :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    What you want but maybe not in the quantities you want...

I follow the IIFYM "diet" meaning that as long as I get my minimum protien, and fat, and stay under my calories, and eat "mostly" healthy, I can have what ever I want.

Min protein = 1 gram for every pound lean body mass.
    Min fat = 0.3 grams for every pound total body mass
    Calories = 300-500 below TDEE (total calories burned for the day)
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    messed this up and reposted below accidentally....
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want as long as its in proper portions, but I've also found you get to eat more in the day when you eat healthier. So I'll have days where I eat not the best food, and then I fill in between times with low calorie good food.

I'm happy as long as I get to eat a lot, so that determines what I eat that day. If I'm going out to dinner at a restaurant I definitely eat healthier the rest of the day.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I've always eaten what I want in moderation. I never really gained weight, besides my pregnancies. But I was flabby until I started exercising.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i still eat whatever i want, usually just smaller portions. sometimes the same size portion, but i exercise more to make up for it.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I tend to limit myself a bit. Before if I want a cookie or something, I would usually take the packet and just sit there eating them without thinking. This site has helped me limit the amount of junk food I eat. I usually put down what I'm going to eat for Dinner in the morning. If I know that my Dinner isn't going to be too high in calories and I say, had calories left from the previous day or two, I will consider treating myself.

Like last night, I craved chocolate. I find some leftover Dark Chocolate 74% Cocoa. There was like 3 and a half pieces left. Each piece of 55kcal. I had it and that was that. Sadly my parents decided they wanted Toblerone... I had never tried it before and it was quite big. I had one triangle, but I stopped at that. I went over my calorie limit by 41 calories, so it's not that bad, but the day before I had almost 400 calories left.

I'm not trying to lose weight anymore, I'm trying to build muscle, so I have eat a bit more. I'm getting my protein, I'm strength training and I'm doing cardio. It's better than sitting on my a*** and eating a whole packet of Maryland Cookies.