Anyone struggle with alcohol

Options
I used to go out every night but now i leave it for just once at the weekeND and i have a few jack daniels and diet coke.
I probably drink averagely but end up having a lot sometimes. i don't think that i would go out at all if i wasn't drinking. has anyone experienced this. what did you do.
any advice of low cal drinks that don;t have alcohol in them that i could try?
Any help appreciated. i was doing so well this week but after the weekeND and a curry lol i am back up to 12st 7 which is four pounds moRe than saturday morning. oh well
never mind
Thanks
Ben
ps I really don;t want to stop going out. My partner isn't dieting so he's all up for a good drink lol im getting tired of keepin up ha ha

Replies

• Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I used to go out every night but now i leave it for just once at the weekeND and i have a few jack daniels and diet coke.
    I probably drink averagely but end up having a lot sometimes. i don't think that i would go out at all if i wasn't drinking. has anyone experienced this. what did you do.
    any advice of low cal drinks that don;t have alcohol in them that i could try?
    Any help appreciated. i was doing so well this week but after the weekeND and a curry lol i am back up to 12st 7 which is four pounds moRe than saturday morning. oh well
    never mind
    Thanks
    Ben
    ps I really don;t want to stop going out. My partner isn't dieting so he's all up for a good drink lol im getting tired of keepin up ha ha
  • MissesOfficer
    MissesOfficer Posts: 368
    Options
    I've drank the past 2 weekends as well, IMO its just not worth it! There are a lot of calories in alcohol + the mix... and if you're drinking things like coolers and whatnot, its a lot of sugar! You spend your money, get drunk & stupid ( if your me lol) and feel like **** the next morning. I'd rather go for a walk or do something productive and feel good about myself & good in general the next day.
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I also love a couple of good drinks at the end of the week. As much as I love whiskey and scotch, lately I've been sticking with gin. A gin on the rocks is fairly low in calories. I don't like giving up, going out either. I just try to drink in moderation (not always successful) and to give myself some extra calories on days I know I'll be drinking.

Hope this helps.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    The best drinks when you're trying to lose weight:

Vodka and Cranberry Juice - 170cals
    Jack and diet coke - 64cals (single)
    Bacardi and diet coke - 66 cals (single)
    Martini (real martini, no vodka BS) - 100-200 depending on whats used

Best you can do for a night out is plan for it and limit your drinking to the drinks you really want.
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I love a good vodka tonic....and use diet tonic so total drink cal is only the calories in the vodka...around 80-90.....a splash of diet cranberrry add the perfect touch for no calories....