crying out of frustration please HELP

Options
Here is the thing. I saw my doctor today to ask about weight loss advice. 4 months ago I was at 158 lbs but became severely anemic due too heavy period. I was prohibited to do exercise until my iron levels were normal due to fainting during exercise because of the lack of iron. Even when watching calorie intake 1300 a day I am at 185. 30 days ago he gave me the OK to exercise I started using a theadmill and dvds I saw him today and he said that I was told to loose weight not gain. I gained 7 lbs between visits and he just says to exercise and eat less. I really need to loose weight. I'm getting married in July and the dress I have I tried it on today and its way to small. It was perfect 4 months ago. I'm so depressed and frustrated I don't know what to do.

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    id be crying too :(
    if you open up your diary, we would be able to help more <3
  • chuckles217
    chuckles217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Its not just calories that count, its what you eat.

Cut your sucrose and high fructose corn syrup as close to 0 as you can get. Sucrose/HFCS = Glucose + Fructose; Fructose = Instant fat. Cut things like soda, fruit juices, sweets, etc.

Cut alcohol all together. Alcohol = Fasting hypoglycemia = induced binging plus alcohol detox = instant fat.

Eat a balanced diet. Lots of veges, fruits, white meats and fish, etc.
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi.

Did your doctor recommend you to a nutritionist? I think that someone with the appropriate education and experience may be able to help you. Have you done your own research as well? There must be others out there with the same issue.

I am hoping the best for you.

Brittany :)
  • Dulxecita
    Dulxecita Posts: 35
    Options
    That what I don't get. I really watch what I eat. No sugar at my house at all never fry things only whole grains no soda or juice mostly what I eat I make I even cut out tortillas that I love to eat I don't eat rice because I don't like the brown one if I eat eggs I eat only the whites my liquids are only water and skim milk and tastes like water to me. I read labels the fats I eat at least I try come from nuts avocados or olive oil. I trim every visible fat and I buy lean cuts and lately I stick to eat beef once a week its mostly turkey and chicken. I eat tuna in water. I wish I could afford a personal trainer and how do I open my diary
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Has he checked your Thyroid?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    This sounds like more of a medical issue. It might be good to talk to the doc about this. Gaining that much weight in that short of time could be a symptom of a thyroid issue or something else.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like you're measuring things. The amount you are eating and the amount you should be eating aren't going to be different enough for you to get the right amount by just "cutting down." When you're doing it right, you won't feel starved.

Low iron makes people crave things, so it's harder to lose weight. Talk to your doctor about how much you are losing and how much you are taking in. If your periods are so heavy you can't absorb iron pills fast enough to keep up, you may have to consider doing something about the periods or getting some iron IV. Iron is very hard for your body to absorb.
  • lisabruce12
    lisabruce12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I gained 10 pounds in a month without doing anything different. I went to the doc and sure enough...hypothyroid. I am on meds but it is still more difficult for me to lose. Don't get frustrated...just keep doing what you are doing. And have doc check thyroid and insulin resistance....

To open diary go to food then settings and make it public....
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Here is the thing. I saw my doctor today to ask about weight loss advice. 4 months ago I was at 158 lbs but became severely anemic due too heavy period. I was prohibited to do exercise until my iron levels were normal due to fainting during exercise because of the lack of iron. Even when watching calorie intake 1300 a day I am at 185. 30 days ago he gave me the OK to exercise I started using a theadmill and dvds I saw him today and he said that I was told to loose weight not gain. I gained 7 lbs between visits and he just says to exercise and eat less. I really need to loose weight. I'm getting married in July and the dress I have I tried it on today and its way to small. It was perfect 4 months ago. I'm so depressed and frustrated I don't know what to do.

you probably dont eat enough to lose weight.
    See my profile for info on finding your right numbers.
    Using the Fat to Fit tools i've helped many many people find the proper fat loss numbers and be able to eat more calories.
    As for the iron issues, check into eating pumpkin seeds.
    1/4 cup pumpkin seeds have 50% of the RDA for Iron in women.
    Also look into foods that have iron added like fortified milk or juice.

Good luck!
    If you truly feel at a loss, PM me and maybe I can get you moving in the proper direction.
    For starters...1300 isnt the correct number for you unless you are very short...like below 5' tall.
  • Dulxecita
    Options
    He checked my thyroid and said its normal but sometimes I sweat at night and I mean sweat like having my shirts damped. He said those might be hormones but does not do anything about it. I notice its usually for 2 weeks after my period and it stops and according to mfp I'm good with food eating 1300 and very close to protein carbs and all that. I ve been using a cite in Spanish that gives you what to eat with recipes and grocery list and I put it on mfp and it matches pretty good. I considering going with a different doctor or telling him straightforward that he needs to help more.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    He checked my thyroid and said its normal but sometimes I sweat at night and I mean sweat like having my shirts damped. He said those might be hormones but does not do anything about it. I notice its usually for 2 weeks after my period and it stops and according to mfp I'm good with food eating 1300 and very close to protein carbs and all that. I ve been using a cite in Spanish that gives you what to eat with recipes and grocery list and I put it on mfp and it matches pretty good. I considering going with a different doctor or telling him straightforward that he needs to help more.

I'd vote for the second opinion. It really sounds like you are having some serious hormonal issues that need to be addressed medically.
  • Dulxecita
    Options
    How do they check insulin resistance. I don't want to be too open. But I'm getting facial hair as well and acne which I never had.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    How do they check insulin resistance. I don't want to be too open. But I'm getting facial hair as well and acne which I never had.

I dunno. I can't answer all your questions. I fully support the idea of seeing another doctor who is willing to do the tests and explain this stuff to you.
  • JessBeastMode
    Options
    That what I don't get. I really watch what I eat. No sugar at my house at all never fry things only whole grains no soda or juice mostly what I eat I make I even cut out tortillas that I love to eat I don't eat rice because I don't like the brown one if I eat eggs I eat only the whites my liquids are only water and skim milk and tastes like water to me. I read labels the fats I eat at least I try come from nuts avocados or olive oil. I trim every visible fat and I buy lean cuts and lately I stick to eat beef once a week its mostly turkey and chicken. I eat tuna in water. I wish I could afford a personal trainer and how do I open my diary

Hi there... Well I belong to this other community called transformation.com they have awesome advice and great people on there Im sure that some one could guide you in the right direction.. If anything I would say get intense about your weight lifting, Because with MFP you have the eating habits down.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Insulin resistance can be fixed or altered byt adopting an Intermittent Fasting approach.
    But thats certainly not for everyone.
  • pattan59801
    pattan59801 Posts: 142
    Options

I dunno. I can't answer all your questions. I fully support the idea of seeing another doctor who is willing to do the tests and explain this stuff to you.

do you ever get a rash on the back of your neck?
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I think going to another doctor is a really good idea - with the different things going on, I think it would be worth getting another check up.
    In the meantime, don't cut your calories any more, 1300 is already pretty low.
    Stick with this (or a bit more) for now, exercise regularly and make sure you are logging everything that you eat. If you aren't measuring things it would be worth doing this for a while just to make sure that you are getting pretty accurate numbers in your diary.
    Don't give up!
  • Dulxecita
    Options
    How do I know if I have insulin resistance and at this point ill try anything :)
  • dahlialia
    dahlialia Posts: 16
    Options

Insulin resistance can be diagnosed with blood tests.

I have insulin resistance and poly cystic ovarian syndrome. I can tell you what works for me. I don't eat potatoes, grains, or refined sugar, except for the occasional treat. I aim for less than 100g of carbs a day, and more than 100g of protein. it means not being scared of fats, though. I eat nuts, whole eggs, etc. I aim for 1500 calories plus more if I exercise.
  • Dulxecita
    Options
    I don't think so. Ill get itchy but I've never tried looking