Question to long time users

Options
How do you stay motivated? I'm only on my 5th day and I feel great about that. I'm scared though that I'll lose my momentum. before I had my son (5yrs ago) I was at a good weight, but its gone downhill since then. Before then I never had to do ANYTHING to maintain a healthy weight. It's been that frame of mind holding me back. What can I do to avoid falling back into that lazy routine?

Replies

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I guess there must be something to keep yoiu motivated - health, vanity, relationship, energy, wardrobe that's waiting for you.
    Find that thing and use it !
    keep it in mind everytime you think you may slip back.
    My turning point was a photo that I thought looked terrible!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Have a vision on what you want to look like next year at this exact time.
    Hold it in your mind and burn it in.

I'm almost at that point now.

Please be sure you have the proper nutrition set up and can rest reasonably well.

Hi Kimmu!
  • nicoco78
    nicoco78 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I once read something that changed my mind about eating forever. "If you eat like you've always eaten, you'll look how you've always looked." Remember that abs are made in the kitchen and not at the gym so focus 70% on your diet and 30% on your workouts and you'll start to notice a difference soon!! Good luck!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You have to "just do it".

- Keep logging what you eat, regardless of how healthy or unhealthy it might be.
    - Don't panic if you have a day or a few days where you aren't on track, that doesn't mean that all is lost, it just means that you need to be aware that you can't keep going that way.
    - Set up your goals with a moderate calorie deficit (choose "lose 1/2 pound a week" or "1 pound a week" maximum). This way you get to eat a reasonable amount so it doesn't make it too hard, and you don't feel like you are being deprived on all the good things in life!
    - Exercise when you can - 3 -5 days a week is good, make sure you have one or two rest days or light exercise days. If you can't get to the gym then walk, run, dance, play... anything that gets you moving.

But really..... just persist, that's the only thing that will get you there.