No Motivation From My Friends! Help This

Options
2»

Replies

• _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time hitting everyone up with motivational stuff, but when I log in I like to comment on the people that have logged around the time I'm on there. I have a lot of friends and sometimes don't get to all of them but that's life. I get few comments on mine but I understand that some people log at different times.
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    i dont mind being ur friend if i can be any help
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    It's been said already, but if you want motivating people around you and don't feel like all of those on here are, just delete the ones who aren't. But, you also have to be your number 1 motivator, as well. Because, if you aren't going to be motivating for yourself, it truly is hard for others to help :) That being said, I'm glad you decided to try MFP...I hope your journey goes well for you, and that you find the love and support you need and want. Good luck :)
    Feel free to add if you would like :):glasses:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Please please do not take this as anything but me trying to be helpful, I think you might be focusing on the wrong things that will help you move forward. I think that concerning yourself with changing your lifestyle, more than having silent friends on MFP, will help you more in the beginning. Focus on small changes first and see who goes along for the ride with you :)
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Well, I tend to accept everyone that adds me. I can't help it, I can't say no. And while I try to be motivating, it's hard when you have 100 something people. That's just me.

Also,
    Please please do not take this as anything but me trying to be helpful, I think you might be focusing on the wrong things that will help you move forward. I think that concerning yourself with changing your lifestyle, more than having silent friends on MFP, will help you more in the beginning. Focus on small changes first and see who goes along for the ride with you :)

...This is amazing advice.
  • JonGrandi88
    JonGrandi88 Posts: 137
    Options

Oh def not, I'm far from focusing on the wrong things..........my whole post is mostly about how its good to have people there with you on your side along the way, and there is nothing wrong with that! I got plenty of self motivation or else id never be doing what i do.Its also about the stupid people on this site who add you and then complain about no one being there for them but yet don't have one good thing to say to anybody or they go 5+ days without a log in,to me that's terrible dedication and no need to be sitting on my friends list. This was a post strictly for an answer to problems people face that are close to mine and looking for added support which i did not think was a bad idea!? Maybe i should just listen to you from now on since you know everything about me? and what it takes
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm serious about losing,
    add me if you want and i'll try and help.