THAT TIME OF THE MONTH..

Options
I have a question.. I become severely anemic during that time of the month.. Cramps bloating, just down right feel awful.. Anyone have any suggestions on working out during that time? I just feel like i have been stomped on but i dont want to lose a whole week of working out.. Any input would b greatly appreciated.. Thanx bunches, Tonya :sick:

Replies

• TANKENEY32
    TANKENEY32 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have a question.. I become severely anemic during that time of the month.. Cramps bloating, just down right feel awful.. Anyone have any suggestions on working out during that time? I just feel like i have been stomped on but i dont want to lose a whole week of working out.. Any input would b greatly appreciated.. Thanx bunches, Tonya :sick:
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    I used to have the same problem. Are you regular? I was not and it was causing me to be visibly anemic (dark under eyes and everything). If you have something similar, go see your doctor. I ended up having a procedure and no longer have any problems, other than the bloating, breast tenderness and moodiness. You may not even have to endure a procedure if there is a drug or herbal treatment that will help you.

For now, just try to go for a walk. Or clean your house with more effort (like washing walls/windows, mopping, etc)
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    Do you take an iron supplement? I am anemic always, but during my period I used to barely move. I am on Iron and Fiber supplements, and I have to drink a ton more water during my period. I also eat broccoli and spinach like its going out of style.

Yoga can be fantastic for your cycle, and I also find walking to be great for working through cramps. But if you are truly anemic, you body is lacking necessary nutrients and minerals to help it function, and adjusting your diet and nutrition is more immediately important than adjusting your exercise.
  • TANKENEY32
    TANKENEY32 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Do you take an iron supplement? I am anemic always, but during my period I used to barely move. I am on Iron and Fiber supplements, and I have to drink a ton more water during my period. I also eat broccoli and spinach like its going out of style.

Yoga can be fantastic for your cycle, and I also find walking to be great for working through cramps. But if you are truly anemic, you body is lacking necessary nutrients and minerals to help it function, and adjusting your diet and nutrition is more immediately important than adjusting your exercise.

Actually, my doctor put me on a prenatal vitamin.. But i am more than willing to add iron if it will help..I am an overweight mother of 5 children. My youngest being paralyzed and I am her aide. I need to get healthy for me but, I WANT TO GET HEALTHY FOR HER.. SHE NEEDS ME... I will do whatever it takes.. Thanx for the info, Tonya
  • angel1face
    angel1face Posts: 110
    Options
    I have the same problem all the time. My fiance accually had to rush me to the hospital at one point a few months back because when i finnally did get my "friend".... as i can go months without it.. I ended up getting to heavy and too long i had no energy and honestly couldnt even get out of bed. i went over and needed a "clean out" as you women im sure know what that is. and he told me i had what they called a uterine bleeding disorder. so now i was put on supliments as well and for the last 3 months no problems. other then i get very ill to my tummy , and tired. cant complain considering.
    so your best bet is to go with what doc says it can be a real pain in the butt i know but unfort we have to go through it.:huh: