Newbie trying to get her life back..needs support

Options
2»

Replies

• acfkaren
    acfkaren Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Your post and blog and profile are truly inspirational............I will send you a friend request in a mo as I would really like it of we could support each other. I'm in South Wales, UK btw.
  • debracorzo
    debracorzo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI MY NAME IS DEBRA,I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM .I READ YOUR STORY AND IT WAS ME .I AM 329.8 POUNDS RIGHT NOW AND I HAVE LOST 19 IN 3 WEEKS.I JUST STARTED A HEATHLY EATING WAY.I HAVE A BOOK THAT I AM DOING IT IS THE 30-DAY DIABETES CURE.YOU JUST HAVE TO GO COLD TURKEY FOR 14 DAYS THEN YOU START EATING BREADS AND FRUIT AGAIN.ONLY WHEAT BREADS NO WHITE FLOUR BREADS CAKES ,PIES CANDY OR CHIPS SO ON AND SO ON.YOU EAT MORE VEGGES.IT 'S WORKING FOR ME.I RIDE A BIKE IN MY BEDROOM.I DO NOT WALK BECAUSE OF MY KNEES, AND MY BACK.I HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU AND GOOD LUCK.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Candice. I wish you all the success in the world. You already know it depends on you alone but there is a lot of support, ideas, info and encouragement to be had here. Good Luck on your journey
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Counting calories and cutting your caloric intake is EXACTLY where you need to start, Candice. Don't worry about exercise for now - the walking you are doing is enough - especially if you are getting tired and sweaty doing it. I f that is happening, you are burning extra calories...try walking up hills or steps until you've dropped some more weight and can exercise more safely and comfortably...

For me, diet and the managementof that diet is a huge key to success. What you put in your body MATTERS, and matters a lot. With your diet under control, walking as much as you can stand, and a positive outlook (please dont give up! you've come sooo far already - 40 pounds is AWESOME!!) you are sure to win this!

As far as what you are eating - try staying away from bad carbs (the enriched flour kind, i.e. bread and pasta) and get as much fruit and veggies and meats into your body as possible - I lost 50lbs doing just that about 7 years ago without ever setting foot in a gym or working out. Of course, I put that weight back on because I stopped watching my intake, but I'm back, and this time for good - here's what I've done:

Start weight (11/8/2011) - 297.4lbs
    Current Weight (3/17/12) - 210.1lbs
    Goal Weight - 195

So thats 87lbs in about 18 weeks...

Now I work out a ton (about 6 days a week for 90 - 120 mins), but that only helps me get smaller faster, and be in good physical shape.....you can get to that later on...

The real key for me is DIET: No bread (except for some low carb flatbreads), no pasta (not even the wheat kind), and I try to stay around 1600 calories a day (my bmr is about 2200, so I'm good for at least 1lb a week lost).

I EAT: lowfat or greek yogurt, eggs, turkey bacon or sausage, cheese, lunch meats, chicken, beef, seafood. ANY fruits or veggies, and as much of those as I can (did you know that a whole bag of steamable frozen asparagus only has about 150 cals in it? A WHOLE BAG!!)

Gear your diet towards whole, fresh foods - eat simple!!

Finally - Candice, has anyone told you lately that you are beautiful? From your profile pic, i think you are (And Im happily married with two great kids, so don't think I'm trying to hit on you - but I do think you are very pretty!). YOU CAN DO THIS!! Please, please, please don't give up! Yours is a long road, but as long as you keep walking down it, you will get to the end - I promise!!

Feel free to send me a friend request - I'd love to cheer you on! Also, just think of how many you will inspire just by doing this thing! What an opportunity! Dont miss it!

xoxo

Russ