Are Drastic Diets Bad?

Options
about two weeks ago I used to eat a terrible amount. Cans of pasta, chips, pop, fast food, pizza pops and pretty much anything ungodly. I have now reversed my diet to zero bad food, tons of water, exercise, and proper sleep. Is this too much of a shock on someone? I'm in no way going to make some lame excuse and eat kind of bad to " ease myself" into it I am just wondering about people's opinions one literally one day eating just horrible, to a complete 180.

Replies

• nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    No. O_O How is this bad at all. It's good!
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Also a lot of people said drastic changes are too difficult and almost inevitably relapse. I just wanted to add my life is optimal for being in shape. Mon-fri 8-3 and living alone until my wedding in July. It is quite honestly not a challenge for me to eat well at all. Just figured I would add that :P
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Just eat right, exercise, and you'll be sooo golden.
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I think by drastic diets, they mean FAD diets, like the HTC diet and taking weight loss pills etc. Eating good food as opposed to bad food is not a bad change for your system at all.
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think by drastic diets, they mean FAD diets, like the HTC diet and taking weight loss pills etc. Eating good food as opposed to bad food is not a bad change for your system at all.

Okay awesome! I think fad diets are short term gains but seriously bad for health and long term. I would never want to lose weight that way haha such a stupid idea.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're on the right track! Eating healthy and taking care of your body is not a 'fad' diet. It's a great lifestyle change! keep up the good work!
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I would consider it a "drastic lifestyle change" which is totally good! :)