Worst Part of Losing Weight

Options
bdhoward87
bdhoward87 Posts: 86 Member
So what I have found is the worst part about losing weight, in my opinion, is the fact that I now have to buy new clothes. My g/f tells me "No, that's the best part!".

Don't get me wrong I love the fact that I am healthier and thinner but I hate that fact that I have to buy all new clothes. Lol if only they made clothes that would adjust to your new weight.

What do you guys think?

Replies

• bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Heh. you sound like my son.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    yes this is not a horrible thing, but slightly inconvenient. i found that the classifieds for my town on facebook are a great way to find cheap clothes for my trip down. can't wait for the yard sales to start!
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores are your friend :-)
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Oh, WAHHHHHHHH.
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    That's the best part!!!! Going into shop dressing rooms and trying all the new smaller clothes and just admiring your thinner self in the mirror!!! Love it :)

I go do that every time I've dropped 10lbs :)
  • ryvenna
    ryvenna Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    the worst part-- ALWAYS feeling hungry. iono, but if i don't eat once every 2-3 hrs, i get really grouchy. i also feel much colder, now that i'm skinnier.

i lost 16% of my starting weight. that's like shaving off almost 1/5th of a person >__>
  • turbomachine1
    turbomachine1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think the worst part of losing weight is saggy b00bs...i just HATE it!!!!
  • lilyjay_
    lilyjay_ Posts: 86
    Options
    Yeah I agree with this, can't afford to keep buying new clothes so I'm just left feeling frumpy in too baggy stuff! When I get to my goal weight I'm going to go on a shopping spree though!
  • ash1976
    ash1976 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Agreed, it's costing me a fortune in clothes!!!
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Always cold, thats the worst part for me.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind clothes shopping if I could actually afford it.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind clothes shopping if I could actually afford it.

Me too. Its the money side of it! The other thing is it takes soo long when you've got so much to loose. I'm barely half way there and been at it a year now! X
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Although it's an inconvenience and a cost, it is something I guess to look forward to. My work clothes are so baggy it's starting to look silly, haha.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Always cold, thats the worst part for me.

Absolutely horrible. I was watching that biggest loser thing because my mum had it on her tv the other day. They were taking about % of bodyweight lost from start to finish. I think the winner had done something like 40.64% of their total body weight. I managed to do about 44.76% of my bodyweight so I'm damn freezing ALL the time. I have to wear jumpers on normal days now, which is a stark change from wandering around in normal weather in a T-shirt like I'm used to doing!

On topic though. I've spent an absolute fortune because of the above. Nothing fit at all, I didn't even think about the size of my boxers until I put them on one day and they fell straight down haha. I think I've gone through 4 wardrobe changes and that's an entire wardrobe too!
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Getting myself into smaller clothes is so inspirational ! I've worked hard so that I can buy clothes off the shelf, with smaller sizes I've more options and variety. During my weight loss I loved the pleasant surprises when I could fit into one size smaller than my last visit into the shop. The size of the clothes became an instant goal, lol.
  • karinasis
    Options
    I am thinking I am not going to like going down in bra size! Well maybe a little... but the rest of the clothes should be fine if i can afford them! Also i am with you all who think being cold is the worse part! Not really looking forward to that.
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    best part = new clothes!!!!

worst part = flabby loose skin :(
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    best part = new clothes!!!!

worst part = flabby loose skin :(

You'll just have to work your butt off to tighten everything up won't you! :p

As for the losing weight to get more variety.. it's GREAT until you go too far. Balls. I was an XXL in most clothes at one stage and there weren't many options. The lower I went the more options there were, until I hit a medium and I had a lot of choice! Then I went too far and went down to small and now I'm struggling to find decent jeans/clothes that fit! FAAAAIL. Packing on muscle now so I can get back to a medium lol :p
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Worse part for me was buying a smaller bra, sadly I'll be shopping for bra's in the kids section soon :noway:
  • Milziemooxx
    Milziemooxx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I think the worst part of losing weight is saggy b00bs...i just HATE it!!!!

AGREE! I am a bit of a yoyo dieter myself and I hate the saggy b00bs and loose skin.... I mean is there a way you can tone your b00bs? haha x