Looking at net cals over the week rather than per day.

Options
13»

Replies

• sarahc0714
    Options
    How do you look at your weekly calories??

I keep a spreadsheet (anyone who's interested can download it here: http://harvey.binghamton.edu/~jtaylor/misc/WeeklyCalReport.xlsx). Fill in your TDEE then your daily intakes and it will calculate the rest.

Love this!! Thanks for posting!
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I've done weight watchers in the past and liked that you had "flex points" to use throughout the week however you wanted. You could use a few each day or use them all in one day (although it hink that would be difficult!) or not use them at all. However, the way WW does it, you have a minimum amount of points to eat each day. You are then given a certain amount of "flex points" that are extras. You are really supposed to eat those regular points every day. I have wondered how that compares to calories, BMR, etc.
  • cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I go by the daily average over the course of a week too. I even changed my weigh-in day to Monday because MFP calculates the average (on the iPhone ap) based on a Monday through Sunday week.
  • jpinge
    jpinge Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yep....because sunday is my "metabolism booster" day and I don't worry or stress about anything....I log everything still but if I want a donut I have a donut. I pay attention to what my calorie deficit is for the week and never ever go over that on my sunday but it is good to know what it is. I have lost 15 pounds on MFP that way and over 100 total counting before MFP....so I think it works:)