Best exercise for tummy!

Options
Hi all just wondering if any one can help.. What's the best exercise for your stomach?

Love my kids to pieces but since having them i gained alot of weight around my stomach so looking for help to shift it :)

Thanks in advance :smile:

Replies

• missbaker89
    missbaker89 Posts: 245
    Options
    i will deff be following this post lol! xx
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    there is some great after prego dvd workouts that target core strenght but usually you have to burn fat all over, you can't spot reduce
  • missbabygirlx
    Options
    i will deff be following this post lol! xx

Its hard init lea whenever i exercise i can feel the burn in my legs arms etc.. but never in my stomach:ohwell: Or maybe im just doing them wrong which wouldn't surprise me haha!! xx
  • missbabygirlx
    Options
    moodyc82 Thanks for the advice will be looking to get some of those dvd's :smile: x
  • anthrfosh11
    Options
    30 DS.
    I am only at day 1 and I can barely breathe my abs hurt so bad
    It awesome
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
  • RonnieBigGunz
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts, and a low body fat %. I've never seen a guy or girl that could squat and deadlift heavy that didn't have a ripped midsection, unless they were carrying around extra fat.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Unfortunatley we can't spot reduce...I WISH! LOL

Number 1 thing is eating right and drinking LOTS of water! I am sure you'll notice a considerable difference just from that alone.

I would also try doing some interval training. It is a great way to burn fat!
  • missbabygirlx
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!

I know we cant spot reduce such a shame!! Haha

As for the water i agree never used to drink water but since ive started aiming for 8 glasses a day ive found ive lost a bit!

x
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cardio, Cardio, Cardio! And while doing it...keep your belly 'sucked' in! I run.....alot.
    I've also been following with sit ups and weight training. The reverse ones are awesome!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    CARDIO!! Lots of Cardio.

I do not think that you can target any specific area for weight/fat loss?

But, I can tell you from experience. You will lose weight, look and feel better with a regular cardio workout.

This is a very simplified suggestion! There are many things to consider but I believe that starting with the simple is the best way to get things going.

Lots of luck and have fun!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Well considering that most of the guys with the ab-only-photos say cardio is a waste of time to lose weight/fat they'd probably just say lift lift lift instead of cardio cardio cardio.

Sad thing is you need to lose fat everywhere and for some people the belly is the last to go.
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    30 DS.
    I am only at day 1 and I can barely breathe my abs hurt so bad
    It awesome

I just finished day 4 of level 1. The slow bicycle is killing me!! And those jumping jacks! Blech!!! I can already see a difference in my stomach area though! Woo hoo!!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    One exercise that I've found useful in helping to suck in the gut, is to walk on all fours, knees straight, arms straight, like a camel, with the "hump" high up in the air.

This exercise appeared in 17 magazine when I was a teenager, and I've been using it all my life. When I was young, I was a stick with a pot, and this really hid the pot when I stood up again.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree with cardio, cardio, cardio!!!! I've been hitting cardio hard for a few months and not noticing a huge difference. The research I've done really supports strength training to reduce body fat, especially tummy fat!!! That's why next week I'm getting a training and starting a lifting program!!!
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I did post in this but it decided not to bother actually posting it.

You can't spot reduce unfortunately (trust me I've tried!)

For a beginner the best thing is 30 day shred from what I've seen on these forums (results wise) If you google 30DS results you can see for yourself. It's Jillian Michaels DVD and it's really cheap too. From the pics the stomach seems to be the most noticeable area it helps in!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts and squats!
    squat.jpg
  • egdanger1
    egdanger1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    True, you can not spot reduce, but you can still strengthen those muscles. It is very important to have a strong core. A good test, to see where you are now, is the roll back. Sit up, good posture, knees bent and flat feet. Arch your back and place your hands behind your head (like your going to do a crunch). Now slowly lower your upper body to the floor- VERY SLOWLY- pretend that one vertebrae at a time is hitting the mat. Once you have lowered all the way, now come back up - JUST AS SLOW. If you can do this move with your hands remaining behind your head and without propping yourself when you come up, your abdominals are pretty strong. If you have to use your arms to prop or push or stretch out to aid, your abs are not as strong, but you can strengthen them.

Core Strengtening Exercises - Go to the website randomabs.com - they have a lot of different abdominal strengtening exercises, with written explanations, as well as videos.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts and squats!
    squat.jpg
    Her thighs look weird...
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    That would be the point of the pic :p She's still hot!