The last 15 pounds or so.....

Options
Has anyone had to change it up when it gets down to the last 15 pounds or so? It came off quick at first but now it's draggin and I'm not near as motivated....just lookin for some suggestions please...

Replies

• _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Yep, you have to be super careful with your food. Track EVERYTHING and make sure you are being as accurate as possible. In addition to this try changing up your exercise routine. Keep it challenging for your body. Good luck.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I have about 5 last lbs cemented firmly to may *kitten*. So, consider this a bump........lol
  • arisher
    arisher Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have 10 lbs to loss and since the beginning of the year have lost 0. But I've been keeping with strength training 2x a week and cardio 2x a week and am losing inches. My clothes fit great so I'm trying hard not to worry about the number too much.
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what your goals are set at, but for my last 10-15 lbs I adjusted my weight loss goal to 0.5lb/week, based on the advice of other MFP folk. Once you only have a little left to go, your body won't want to give up a lb or more a week. Also I found when I was this close to goal, I had to really monitor my sodium and sugar levels. I made sure not to go over 1500 mg of sodium a day (which is the daily recommended max intake for adults, not 2500 like MFP sets). Diet counts a lot more than exercise when you're so close to your goal, so make sure you are vigilant and honest in your tracking.

Good luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You also have to decrease your caloric deficit. There are two options to do this. One, you can set your MFP goal to .5 lbs per week and eat back 50-75% of your exercise calories or you can figure out your TDEE and back off 20% (this is a slightly better method). But either way, your body needs more fuel to burn the fat.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I plateaued with 15 lbs. left to go. I broke it by setting MFP for a 0.5 lb/week loss and the weight started coming off again, at a rate of 0.5-1 lb/week. As you get closer to your goal, most recommend to scale down how much you try to lose per week.
  • Richdogg38
    Richdogg38 Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm on my last 10 pounds officially today. I actually started eating more calories and waa lah....I started to lose again. I also picked up a Jillian Michaels DVD (Ripped in 30) and purchased a heart rate monitor (HRM) to really track myself. I figure by the end of May I will be at my goal! My suggestion is eat more, higher intensity workouts and HRM. Good luck!
  • the1canine
    the1canine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am plateaued on the last ten from my goal, things that I have been changing is my workout routine and some minor dietary considerations. One part of it is to increase the intensity of my training routines to boost my overall metabolism. I know potentially that with the combined strength training, all the perceived weight loss and then plateau may actually be the conversion of fat over to muscle. Ideally I would love to lose that last few on this run to the ideal but if it's just an exchange, being at the proper weight and correct body fat percentage then it may not be so bad after all.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    are a BIIYATCH!:grumble:
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have no answers. I think I have about 10 lbs to go and I have been at that point for about a year now. I feel healthy and fit, but just want a few more inches off the middle and hips. erg.

I went vegan for about a month and I lost a lot, but it came back on quickly. I didn't go crazy with my eating afterwards, either.

It was something I did not for losing weight, but for God. I did the Daniel fast, which means I gave up everything yummy for God. It was tough. Spiritually, it was great and fulfilling, but healthwise, not so much. I struggled to get in 1200 cals. I wasn't hungry, but I think it sent my body into starvation mode after about 2 weeks. Anyway, I ramble.

I am trying to keep some of the yummy veggie dinners in our rotation because they are great low cal options and I am trying to zig zag my calories to keep me from going into starvation mode.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have about 10 lbs or so to lose, so BUMP to read later
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    It's driving me insane.

I've already had my calories set to lose only .5 per week and I'm still losing nothing. I was down to 135 for a day and now I just fluctuate between 138-140 usually. It's been like that for the past 3 months. I would still like to lose another 10-15lbs.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's driving me insane.

I've already had my calories set to lose only .5 per week and I'm still losing nothing. I was down to 135 for a day and now I just fluctuate between 138-140 usually. It's been like that for the past 3 months. I would still like to lose another 10-15lbs.

It's quite possible MFP is under estimating your BMR or calories burnt during exercise. Do you eat back exercise calories?
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    AmyEm3 & hairhacker, if you open up your food diaries we may be able to offer you better advice on how to break through your plateaus.
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! It is a slow go and these are some great tips...will be trying them! I guess any loss is better than gaining though!! Just gotta keep telling myself that lol
  • rexcard
    rexcard Posts: 1
    Options
    Is it recommended to eat back food calories when trying to lose the last 10lbs?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I haven't found the last 10-15 that hard....I have recently upped my goal to 1700 (plan is to up 100 calories every couple of weeks till I hit maintenance) . This is due to me being close to maintenance and my TDEE being higher than it was previous.

All I have done is consistently logged correctly and accurately.

and yes eat exercise calories back for the last 10lbs...the only thing that should change for the last 10lbs is the speed in which you lose it...1/2lb a week is a good rate.