Strange things that help you lose weight

Options

Replies

• skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I won't buy pants in a bigger size than I have. So when I start to gain and feel the craving for muffins from looking down, I know I've *kitten* the bed again.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Well i have just been working out alot. Also if i had known about WoW helping you lose weight i would never have gone to SWTOR lol.

Anyone here play on Exodor? I am thinking about coming back.

Bronzebeard.

playing on KT right now. As for the monitor yah i have it purchased already. just a 23". Ill probably end up getting a big 'ol flat screen to put on the wall eventually.
  • peachied
    peachied Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Print out fitspo images and tape them where I can see them.

I have them everywhere! On my bedroom walls, at my desk, in the bathroom...I find the best place to put them is in my bathroom because I'm there everyday and it's all I see when I sit on the pot. It helps a lot!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Video Games make a good distraction during that pre-bedtime snack desire.

JM
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Baking! I love to bake and feed other people, and usually when I make it I prefer giving it away to other people. I may have a tiny bit though. Last night I made whole wheat cinnamon buns, and gave all but one away. It relaxes me, and distracts me, and keeps processed treats out of the house.

I do the same thing!!!
  • FoxKelfonne
    FoxKelfonne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the video games. Get myself lost in Minecraft for a few hours and I stop thinking about eating, and worry more about building a kickass airship.
  • McMeggers
    McMeggers Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Playing World of Warcraft post workout and before bed actually helps me with my weightloss goals. It distracts me from mindless eating, since I get so involved in the game, I don't think about food.

What are some of your things?

Hell yeah i play wow too horde :) i love meeting other girls who play
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Baking! I love to bake and feed other people, and usually when I make it I prefer giving it away to other people. I may have a tiny bit though. Last night I made whole wheat cinnamon buns, and gave all but one away. It relaxes me, and distracts me, and keeps processed treats out of the house.

I do the same thing!!!

I hate both of you... lol ( j/k)

really though, I have friends that do this... I wouldnt mind, but they always act offended if i dont "atleast try a bite".....
    It wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt EVERYTIME I see them..
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Playing World of Warcraft post workout and before bed actually helps me with my weightloss goals. It distracts me from mindless eating, since I get so involved in the game, I don't think about food.

Me too! As soon as I'm done with my workout & shower I hop on the computer, except I'm play SWTOR instead of WoW atm.

Another thing that's helped me is gum. I guess I have some kind of oral fixation since I quit smoking, it makes me crave food. Whenever I get these craving I chew gun instead of food. And ya... after 3 years without smoking I still get cravings. It sucks.
    I quit smoking also and have this oral fixation thing and it is horrible....I want to munch all the time!!! I chew gum at work, have been drinking lots of water...but when I get home it's BAD!! Don't usually chew much gum at home so may try that...but I got to find something to replace all this munching I do.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Having a weekly Spike day has gotten me off a plateua and has the scale dropping down again. And it is AWESOME to be able to eat whatever I want every Sunday!
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Where is the MFP world of warcraft guild sign-up?
  • kendrafox
    kendrafox Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I read. I can easily get lost in a book and completely forget that I am hungry. It also helps me wind down for the day and get tired so once I am done, I just go to bed.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options

I WISH wow had the same effect on me. That's when my mindless eating is at it's worst. :(
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options

I WISH wow had the same effect on me. That's when my mindless eating is at it's worst. :(

It was like that for me too. I got a laptop and I play upstairs...far far away from the kitchen.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I brush my teeth so I'm not tempted to eat, or I read, take the dog for a walk, or flip through magazines.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    LOL I read your post like this:
    I brush my teeth so I'm not tempted to eat, read, take the dog for a walk, or flip through magazines.

What does brushing your teeth have to do with flipping through magazines?
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Taking antibiotics. (LOL, no I don't mean the effects of killing all the good bacteria - I am good at eating my yucky yoghurt and keeping the system going). I was taking antibiotics 4 times a day. You're not allowed to eat for the 2 hours before taking them, or the half-hour to hour after taking them. they HAD to be taken on an empty stomach or they didn't work. That left only hour-long gaps in which I could eat, hahaha, and only 4 times a day - no further snacking allowed!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I made a desk using PVC tubing and plywood that sits on the handle bars. Im in the midst of modifying it to accept a new much larger monitor.

You sir, are my hero :flowerforyou:
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Gaming has the opposite affect on me. I tend to grab an economy size tub of cheezy puff snacks or whatever evil carbs my daughters have begged me to buy them and then mash buttons. I'm really bad at First Person Shooters and I snack while I respawn.

Going to bed on time helps. Basically, the later I'm up, the more likely I'm going to get an out of control midnight snack.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Well for the first few months I would always weigh myself with my shoes on, so that no matter what the scale said I could tell myself "It's ok, you had your shoes on. You weigh less than that."

Hahahaha brilliant! I've got some big boots I could use...

I have a tooth whitening kit (I work with a dentist so got it cheaply). At the moment I'm doing that during peak nibbling hours - I literally can't nibble with that in my mouth and my teeth are so nice and white afterwards that i don't want to spoil them...
    I first read this as " I have some big BOOBS I could use" lmao

lol