Just need to rant

Options
Cindym82
Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
If you don't have anything nice to say please don't post any comments to this rant. I need somewhere to vent without being completely judged.

OK, so little back ground info. I was diagnosed with hypothyroid, low vit D and high chol. I was always skinny, and about 7yrs ago for no reason at all (we now know it was probably the thyroid) I gained 70lbs. In that time I have lost 40lbs, it was not easy and took a long time. So with all that said it is NOT easy for me to lose weight.

Now, I moved to a new town where the only person i know is my boyfriend who I live with.....I've been struggling for 6 months now with tryin to adjust and go to the gym and better myself. Well, I've begged him for 6months to go to the gym with me, to play racquetball with me(only thing that seems to really work and not bore me) and he has just been slacking. Well yesterday was the last straw, idk if I'm just upset being of pms or because it was just a slap in the face. But his friend for like 13yrs asked him tuesday if he would go to the gym with her wednesday and show her how to lift weighs and stuff.......and do you know he went?!? I was running my *kitten* off on the treadmill and she and him were walking slow and not even working a sweat and than I just just stopped running and went on the stair master, and they went to go lift some weights, and I went and did my own thing and left before they were done. Well than he txts me asking if I'm mad.....HELL YEAH i'm mad. When he got home he was trying to suck up and I just kinda lost it and started to cry. I have a damn medical condition, I can not do the same things he or she do because it makes me too tired and because the doctor told me maybe I should cut out weights, and I'm sorry but I moved to this ****ty state to be with you and to take our relationship to the next step. Don't you think you should be helping me when I ask and not her?? Like that just really pissed me off. I'm still mad about it today. And I told him I'm not asking him for help anymore and that I will obtain my goal, and I will do it by myself without his help (I don't normally fly off the handle but there was a lot more things that led up to this).

So, when I weigh in and take measurements tomorrow and see a good results (thinking positive) I will be rewarding myself with non fat frozen yogurt that i've been wanting for two long freaking weeks already......

Replies

• nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Aw, I'm sorry. :( That's really ****ty. I'd be hurt and upset too. Plus, I know how hard it is to adjust to a new place where you don't have many friends, that's hard too.

Keep your chin up, lovely, and it'll get better. AND hopefully you telling him how you feel will help things a bit. :)

PS- What state do you actually live in?
  • Cindym82
    Options
    I live in New Jersey now, was in new york so now I'm live an hour from all my friends and family and almost 2hrs from my mom. And I litterly have like 1 friend at work, I work with mostly older women, and I made friends with his friend Kim that I was talking about in the post. And like only 1 of my friends has drove down my my new apartment to see me. So it's been rough. New home, new job, new state....and like he works midnights so it's even harder. I was just so frustrated yesterday cause I just want some support and I feel like a broken record all the time with asking him. I'm not sure if it will help but I know he felt bad yesterday and was like I know I've been slacking lately and I'm sorry. So I guess admitting it is the first step.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    That is probably one of the most insensitive and rude things I have heard of a guy doing.
    He needs a good kick (metaphorically) in the lower extremities.
  • Cindym82
    Options
    That is probably one of the most insensitive and rude things I have heard of a guy doing.
    He needs a good kick (metaphorically) in the lower extremities.

yeah i feel the same way too and tomorrow is our two year anniv