Apples

Options

Replies

• Sharonab123
    Options
    My fave is a tart, crunchy, lovely green GRANNY SMITH! Sometimes it even gets a boost with Chocolate PB2! Yum!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Favorite apples: fuji, honey crisp, mutsu.
    Mutsu, my absolute favorite these days, is also known as Crispin and is available in the northeastern US.

But I'll eat any apple as long as it's not meal-y.
  • Baloo
    Baloo Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Honey Crisp, Jazz & Fuji are all great!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Fuji apples are the best!
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    another Pink Lady fan here! They're super crunch and pretty sweet. It's the only apply I buy lately!

If you're more of a cruchy and sour person you could try the Granny Smiths.

I also like Jazz apples but I can't always find them. They're borederline hard so if you're looking for a super crunchy apple it's a way to go.
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add that if you really want to increase fiber that raspberries, pears, kiwis and avacado actually have more fiber than an apple and a pear is just as easy for transport (realizing the others aren't as simple to eat on the go).
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions!

@weighinginwit: Thanks for the other foods, too. Unfortunately I cannot eat avocados...not sure why but they make me toss my cookies. Shame since I love the flavor.
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Fujis!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I like anything that's red and green and on sale at Whole Foods. My new toy is a dehydrator so I've come up with a new way to eat apples. I core it and then slice so I have apple rings. Then I dip the rings in PB2. I have to pat it down so it sticks well and then tap the excess off. Then they go in the dehydrator overnight. When I wake up in the morning I have crispy peanut butter apple chips to go in my lunch bag. I can do several apples at once and I just put one apple per tray in my dehydrator so I can package them separately (and know I'm eating one apple at a time).
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Gala and the small ones are the most crips.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    A bright green granny apple. Love the tartness of it. I also keep mine in the refrigerator. I sometimes like to dip mine in PB2 peanut butter.
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    OP, I completely understand. Nothing compares to a honeycrisp. I will eat granny smith (with peanut butter or pb2). I've recently found pinatas, which are pretty crisp and sweeter than a granny smith. The first batch I had tasted good but the second had a weird flavor. I'm going to try them again to see.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I love me some apples!

My faves:
    Pink Lady - super tasty, they tend to keep for quite some time just on my counter in a bowl - my absolute FAVE!
    Granny smith - for the days I want something tart
    Gala - soft and sweet
  • bhaktinstella
    bhaktinstella Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    if you ever see ENVY apples (from New zealand) they are delicious! crunchy too - i usually stick with Gala, when envys are not around - apples are good for regularity too!
  • prose58
    prose58 Posts: 52
    Options
    Pin lady, Jana Gold, Gala, and others. I keep them in the c risper draw of the fridge and only buy enough to last the week.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Gala or Fuji!
  • ajl93
    ajl93 Posts: 22
    Options
    I like pink ladies because they are nice and sweet....but i also like red delicious....they are nice and juicy
    if you want to bake with them definitely go granny smith, because they are sour they don't taste overly sweet when you bake with them

one of my favorite things to do is slice an apple and then sprinkle cinnamon on it (bout half a teaspoon per whole apple) and then pop in in the microwave for about 15 seconds or so....it tastes really good....you can mix a little sugar with the cinnamon if you want them a little sweeter but i don't think its nessacary

My aunt has diabetes and loves this as her dessert or snack
  • ajl93
    ajl93 Posts: 22
    Options
    PS if you have skin issues or know someone with skin issues eating an apple a day helps a lot.....AND I MEAN ALOT
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I love Macintosh apples! I eat three a day, one before each meal.
  • chillichops
    Options
    Pink Lady for me!