Ideas?

Options
So, I am used to waking up in the mornings and being very stiff since I have rheumatoid arthritis. What I am not used to is my muscles feeling so tight as if I had had multiple charlie horses all night long. Usually, I feel this in my back and legs mostly. Sometimes my arms are tight as well. There are so tight that at times if feels as if they will tear away from the bones if I am not careful. It loosens up as the day goes by but I was wondering what your thoughts are.

I haven't physically counted how much potassium I am getting through my food. However, I can only assume since my diet has significantly improved from the past that it has to be at least a little better than before. I have also started supplementing potassium gluconate every other day to daily to see if this improves things.

I am beginning to think it isn't necessarily potassium that is my issue here though. Sodium is still quite high and probably higher than what the diary tells me, but I do get my allowance of water in. I also drink a cup or two of orange juice daily when I have it available. When I work out, I work out hard which is usually about 4-6 times per week. This last week I had a daily burn of over 1000 calories. Maybe it is just that I am pushing myself to the limits every day? Maybe I am not stretching enough? Any ideas or suggestions will be considered.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Theresa

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    IMO you could swap out some carbs for more protein.
    I notice you normally hit below 100g.
    Set protein and fats to 30% each and see if it changes things.
    Also water frequently.
    You could look into foam rolling too.

If you dont have any issues with shellfish you could look into MSM powder or caplets.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Foam rolling after using yoru muscles can help with the tightness...

If you are looking for another source of potassium - check out coconut water...I usually drink a small carton of coconut water after a workout
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    i have fybromyalgia so have similar issues. Id love ideas too x
  • babyblooeyes
    babyblooeyes Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I never heard of foam rolling until now. I think I will be buying one of these rollers.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    It can be painful but beneficial!