Seemed to have hit a road block!!

Options
mschooley
mschooley Posts: 31 Member
Hello I am new to MFP. Almost 3 years after having my son, I was approaching full term pregnancy weight. I started getting serious about losing weight Jan 19 of this year. Since then I have lost 22 lbs. This is an amazing feat that is still unbelieveable to me. However, I have seemed to hit a road block. I am trying to incorporate new things (nutrition, diet and exercise) so I can keep going and not get sucked into my old habits. To date, I am half way to my total weight loss goal. With swimsuit season approaching, I am as determined as ever to lose wieght. I am hoping to learn and grow through this community.

208164.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Replies

• mschooley
    Options
    Hello I am new to MFP. Almost 3 years after having my son, I was approaching full term pregnancy weight. I started getting serious about losing weight Jan 19 of this year. Since then I have lost 22 lbs. This is an amazing feat that is still unbelieveable to me. However, I have seemed to hit a road block. I am trying to incorporate new things (nutrition, diet and exercise) so I can keep going and not get sucked into my old habits. To date, I am half way to my total weight loss goal. With swimsuit season approaching, I am as determined as ever to lose wieght. I am hoping to learn and grow through this community.

208164.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • kbirky73
    kbirky73 Posts: 110
    Options
    Hi there!

I too began utilizing this site in January 2009. (the 8th to be exact)
    I am 3lbs away from my first goal weight and 13 measly little pounds from my ultimate goal weight.

I have found that since EASTER ... it's been so hard to stay on track.

My first mistake is ... i've stopped logging.
    My second is ... I've forgiven myself "a day here and there" from the gym and my work outs.

This past weekend I said, "oh ... you don't count calories on mother's day weekend" and i so didn't. I'm mortified at how it has been SO easy to lose track.

Today is a NEW DAY!!!!

I mark my calendar with yellow highlight "X's" for every day I work out. Sadly, there are only 4 of them on there for May ... NOT acceptable.

I'm scared to DEATH to step on the scale, and now won't until I go 10 days being good.

I think sometimes some of us go through it but we have to remember this is "for life" and you're going to have your ups and downs ... just like in every other aspect of life.

This site, if you stick with it everyday .. will definitely help you. You'll see that we ALL stuggle, and that's why we are ALL out here helping one another.

So welcome .. and GOOD LUCK!!!
  • mschooley
    Options
    Thank you so much for the info and support. Kbirky-your situation sounds all to familiar. I lost the majority of the weight at first by cutting portion size and taking out pop and (most) junk food. I have just now introduced the cool runnings "couch to 5K" workout. Last week was my first week and I worked out 5 of the 7 days. But Mother's Day I told myself I needed a rest. Well I should have known that that kind of thinking would just snow ball on me...Not only did I not workout but it was the first time in a long time I allowed myself to eat while watching movies. I am definetly feeling the effects today and I hope that it will help me make better decisions in the future