Another Wii question

Options
Nessc
Nessc Posts: 137 Member
Hey everybody,

I just got a Wii for Mother's Day and I got the Wii Fit as well. My question is, does the Wii tell you how many calories you have burnt and, if so, where do I go to find it? After completing Hula Hoop it said it was a calorie torcher, but it didn't tell me how many calories I burned. Is the Wii compatible with giving me this information (I have a HRM, but I was wanting to see how far off the two were)? Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Nessc
    Options
    Hey everybody,

I just got a Wii for Mother's Day and I got the Wii Fit as well. My question is, does the Wii tell you how many calories you have burnt and, if so, where do I go to find it? After completing Hula Hoop it said it was a calorie torcher, but it didn't tell me how many calories I burned. Is the Wii compatible with giving me this information (I have a HRM, but I was wanting to see how far off the two were)? Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    The Wii does not show you the amount of cals that you have burnt.
    Just use your HRM.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm still looking for the first Wii question.
    use the search feature :tongue:
  • AllyKM
    AllyKM Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was using the Wii Fit as well and loved the workout I got from "Hula Hooping" but hated that I couldn't get burned calories! I actually prefer the Jillian Michaels Wii game. The workout is continuous for the time you choose (versus the stop and start of the Wii Fit activities). Keeps the heart rate up which is exactly what you want. Also gives total calories burned at the end of your workout. I recommend it versus Wii Fit but it does have some quirks - doesn't always pick up your movements and Jillian's repeated commentary gets annoying.
  • Nessc
    Options
    I was using the Wii Fit as well and loved the workout I got from "Hula Hooping" but hated that I couldn't get burned calories! I actually prefer the Jillian Michaels Wii game. The workout is continuous for the time you choose (versus the stop and start of the Wii Fit activities). Keeps the heart rate up which is exactly what you want. Also gives total calories burned at the end of your workout. I recommend it versus Wii Fit but it does have some quirks - doesn't always pick up your movements and Jillian's repeated commentary gets annoying.

Thanks...Where did you get Jillian's Wii game? Did you have to order it?
  • Nessc
    Options
    The Wii does not show you the amount of cals that you have burnt.
    Just use your HRM.

Bummer...I was hoping I could compare the two...Oh, well, that's a game for you!!
  • Nessc
    Options
    I'm still looking for the first Wii question.

Yeah, use the search button...You will find tons of questions dealing with a Wii.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Someone posted a website a few weeks back, though I found the numbers to be highly suspect. I'd just go with your HRM.