im stuck...

Options
im on my 3rd week and ive stopped losing. the last two days i weighed myself i either stayed the same or went up a bit. im eating good and exercising every day so i have no idea why its not coming off any more. any ideas?

Replies

• Sassybrat1
    Options
    Try not to let it get to you. I find it helpful not to weigh myself every day. It is very hard to resist the scale but it just makes me angry when I don't see a loss from day to day. If you have lost the last couple of weeks your body may just be adjusting to it and you may not see the lbs come off until next week. Also, remember as a women some weeks will affect you differntly.

Keep up the good work. I lost focus for a while and am finding myself just starting to get back on track.
  • AmethystSif
    Options
    Exactly. I want to weigh myself everyday too but it will just get you discouraged. Pick a day (and a time) every week to do it. I find Tuesdays or Thursdays are usually pretty good. Don't let it get you down. I did really well for two months then fell off for a week, now I just kind of hit the 'reset' button and go again. You can too! :)
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't change anything until after about 2 weeks of no change. But only weigh yourself once a week at most. too many small fluctuations can happen daily and you will be miserable.
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    Im in the same boat, so I feel your pain! Although I feel my body getting tighter and my muscles building. My clothes are fitting better. So even though the scale isnt moving I am not going to give up! Dont you give up either! Usually when I write it out and complain about it I get a loss the next day, so I am hoping this post will turn things around :tongue:
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    yeah don't weigh yourself every day, i go up and down daily,
    don't be worrying about it as long as it's mainly down thats fine
  • jfaure23
    jfaure23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi Cassidysmommy,

That's exactly where I'm at right now. I've been keeping my cals at my target and exercising daily, and over the last week my weight went up three pounds and is just sitting there. Talk about frustrating! My husband says I should not get discouraged as it is the body adjusting. I guess we are just at the tipping point. Keep eating right and doing the exercises and you will find yourself over this hump. You can do it, and you are not alone in this!

Jess
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I peeked at your Diary. I would change the settings to see your sodium.You might be surprised.Are you drinking enough water,and getting enough sleep? You also have hundreds of calories left at the end of the day. When I do this my body goes into starvation mode and I gain or do not lose. Adding calories actually helps me lose,as long as I don't go over the calorie goal. Good luck!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Do not weigh daily, makes you too crazy and there are too many variants
    Vary your calories 200-300 daily and eat more than 1200
    Underestimate your exercise calories if you are not using fitbit or hrm, overestimate and weigh/measure your intake
    Be prepared for your body to have "adjustment periods" where it stalls for one or two weeks at a time
    Change up your activities/exercises

That is it.
  • rowyourboat
    rowyourboat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Have you been drinking your 8+ glasses of water? What about BM? I absolutely don't weigh myself unless I had one the day before. I've been addicted to the scale and there are daily fluctuations of 3+ lbs. I highly recommend stepping away from the scale and keep doing what you are doing. Weigh yourself once a week if you must.
  • cassidysmommy
    Options
    I peeked at your Diary. I would change the settings to see your sodium.You might be surprised.Are you drinking enough water,and getting enough sleep? You also have hundreds of calories left at the end of the day. When I do this my body goes into starvation mode and I gain or do not lose. Adding calories actually helps me lose,as long as I don't go over the calorie goal. Good luck!

that could be it, but i dont want to force myself to eat im im not hungry. im also hoping to lose a little more then the 1 pound a week with all the exercise i do. maybe i can try adjusting it so i eat most of the calories i earned back, but keep around 200-300. do you think that would work?
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration. I actually gained a couple pounds this week, but try not to pay much attention to the scale. Started a new exercise program (30DS) and am thinking that is one of the reasons for no loss, but I measured myself so am hoping when I measure again I will have lost inches. I still weigh everyday, but I don't get too frustrated anymore if there is no loss. Definately take measurements
  • cassidysmommy
    Options
    I understand your frustration. I actually gained a couple pounds this week, but try not to pay much attention to the scale. Started a new exercise program (30DS) and am thinking that is one of the reasons for no loss, but I measured myself so am hoping when I measure again I will have lost inches. I still weigh everyday, but I don't get too frustrated anymore if there is no loss. Definately take measurements

i have been taking measurements. i havent in a while though. maybe ive lost inches, which is better then pounds right?
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    im on my 3rd week and ive stopped losing. the last two days i weighed myself i either stayed the same or went up a bit. im eating good and exercising every day so i have no idea why its not coming off any more. any ideas?

Yup..

Throw the scale away if you think it will be a reliable source of weight loss after a two day span. Weight fluctucates on a day to day basis.

Youre only 3 weeks in and its not a justifiable time frame to see significant results that you may be expecting.
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Well done on the calories

Don't panic and start to under-eat or give up and overeat

My only suggestion is the type of food you are eating

More eggs, meat and general protein less carb especially pastries, bread and the like

keep that within you 1800 cals and I think you will notice the difference
  • kegaly
    kegaly Posts: 1
    Options
    Good for you for getting to week 3! You are doing great. No need to worry about the scale. You have to remember that muscle weighs more than fat so if you have been exercising like you said you have no worries. The body has a tendency to fluctuate in weight by up to 5 pounds depending on the person, day/time and time of month that you weigh yourself. If you have a lot of salt in your diet the day before you weigh yourself your body can hold water also. Just keep up the good work and remember your best friend is water. Drink as much as possible.
    Also I suggest you weigh yourself once a week in the morning at the same time every week.
    You go girl!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    because just under a month is when you start learning about the patience part of changing your life.
  • melpap12
    melpap12 Posts: 50
    Options
    Is your period due? I find that I can never lose the week that Im in my period. Maybe change up your workout a little.