Pizza Toppings

Options
lauryn86
lauryn86 Posts: 86 Member
What are yall's favorite low calorie pizza toppings? Trying to get some ideas to make an at home pizza for the hubster and I!! Thanks!!

Replies

• almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    low cal?
    My fav are mushrooms, Chicken, Goat cheese... not low call but fav
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I know these two foods aren't exactly low in calories, but they are high in protein and great. Tuna or Chicken.

Some low calorie toppings I enjoy are Spinach, Mushrooms, Bell Peppers and Onions.

How low in calories was you thinking of for a pizza overall? Because I've started making a pizza and it's less than 400 calories. It fills a standard dinner plate.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Peppers (red, green yellow)
    onions, red or white
    spinach
    A little bit of olives sometimes. Black or green.
    Usually some mozzarella cheese or a little parmesan cheese with it. I go very little on the cheese though.
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I use turkey pepperoni. Very low cal and fat but so yummy
  • coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I saw an article in a Women's Fitness magazine that put broccoli and zucchini slices on the pizza...I wanna try it but haven't gotten around to it. I keep meaning to see if that magazine is still at my gym.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    margherita with fennel sausage is my fav.
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    goat cheese (very low cal compared to other cheeses!) & Spinach & onion (caramelised if you're not too fussed about some extra sugar)

pineapples & sweet corn
    tomatoes & onion & black olives
    mushrooms

all sorts of veggies, really! Don't eat meat myself but I'm sure lean chicken with some hot spicy tomato sauce might do the trick if he likes meat?
  • lauryn86
    Options
    I know these two foods aren't exactly low in calories, but they are high in protein and great. Tuna or Chicken.

Some low calorie toppings I enjoy are Spinach, Mushrooms, Bell Peppers and Onions.

How low in calories was you thinking of for a pizza overall? Because I've started making a pizza and it's less than 400 calories. It fills a standard dinner plate.
    that sounds great! we love spinach too, what is your recipe?
  • lauryn86
    Options
    goat cheese (very low cal compared to other cheeses!) & Spinach & onion (caramelised if you're not too fussed about some extra sugar)

pineapples & sweet corn
    tomatoes & onion & black olives
    mushrooms

all sorts of veggies, really! Don't eat meat myself but I'm sure lean chicken with some hot spicy tomato sauce might do the trick if he likes meat?
    goat cheese and corn!! awesome idea!!
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    We do red peppers, red onion, mushrooms, spinach, light brush of oil and with fresh garlic and basil, feta- little red sauce for crust dipping. Amazing! Also, we use the Fabulous Flats Multigrain Crust. Enjoy!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Low Cal? You could spread ketchup on cardboard...

Get Pizza, dammit! Italian Sausage, onions, sliced tomatoes. And some extra cheese, baby. om nom nom!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I don't even know right now, I just know that I have been DYING for some pizza for the last few days!
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    broccoli, chicken, spinach :) YUM
  • brittnicoledav
    Options
    make cauliflower crust! not kidding, just look up a recipe for it, there are tons! it's all i make now, it's delish and seriously cuts down calories.. it makes pizza actually healthy!
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is available to you, but I use:

1 Warburton's Square Wraps
    3 TSBP Dolmio Low Fat Bolognese Sauce
    12.5g of Mature Light Cheddar
    Whole Tin of Tuna Chunks (120g) or 100g of Chicken Breast
    1/4 to 1/2 of a Bell Pepper
    1/4 to 1/2 of an Onion (Red or White)
    2 or 3 Medium Sized Mushrooms

Depending on what I am using, say if I am using Chicken, I try to stay low on the veggies, because I just can't get it all on lol. If I am using tuna I use more veggies because it's seems there's less and it's broken into smaller pieces. You stick it under the grill until the cheese begins to turn slightly brown. Make sure you turn it around so one side isn't all burnt compared to the other.

I don't know if Warburtons sell outside of the UK. If they don't, you might have to find something else to substitute the square wrap.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    My very fav. pizza is margharita with mushrooms and red/yellow/orange bell peppers! I even buy a frozen pizza and add the stuff to it. Less than 500 calories for HALF a pizza! (Palermo margharita bruschetta pizza) It's not as good as homemade and probably has too much sodium but it's a quick meal.
    Try adding some whole wheat flour to the crust of your homemade pizza. I use half bread flour and half whole wheat and no one notices. Grilled pizza with canadian bacon and pineapple is good too. We even make them over an open fire while camping. Yummy!
  • mfoster1019
    mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    turkey pepperoni is about all i add for toppings. all of the toppings i like are super high in fat/calories (i like meat pizzas).
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms and/or black olives.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Tomatoes, onion, yellow peppers, mushrooms, Pillers turkey pepperettes, sauce, & part skim mozza cheese all on a whole wheat english muffin!~Bake & VOILA!
  • Mehagon
    Mehagon Posts: 83
    Options
    Mushrooms, Broccoli, Feta (in moderation of course) =0p

And this is a strange one, but I found it at a restaurant recently. . . black bean patties crumbled up! So good on pizza!