What is the average calorie intake for everyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• ddamore
    ddamore Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    what is the idea behind eatting calories back? I felt when I was doing that I wasn't losing anything just maintaining. Also, i try to stick at 1500 cals per day and i'm 5' 7 weighting in at 142.4 on good days 144 all the other days.. ha ha. i'm also 36 years old.. and let me tell you in my 20's i was able to drop 8lbs (my goal) in no time flat and now it's a struggle. I work out 6 days a week and burn between 400 and 550 calories each workout. I feel i'm on the slow train to no where. and I agree I feel like I work out to eat :( . I definately eat better then I used to so why is it when I decide to get a package of ring dings or eat a burger out one night a week I gain 2lbs.... frustrating.
  • Mbryant58
    Options
    Strange to me, but I was losing fine until I started working out; I lost 13 lbs in 6 weeks. Reading the posts; however, I believe that I am gaining because I am not eating the calories earned from working out. Most days I have 300-500 calories left, especiallly the days when I go to the gym. I do not want to go back up, I have been struggling with my weight for a long time and I am so excited because I have lost any weight :happy:
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    1700 try to net no less than 1500 (which is rare) and I eat. my exercise cals back......
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Over the past 184 days, my average NET intake has been 2067 kcal/day. My average gross intake is 2798 kcal/day.

Using my measured RMR of 1510 cal/day and my very active lifestyle (~6 days/week of hard exercise), my maintenance should be about 2600 cal/day. So my average net 2067 is just about equal to my ideal net of 2100 cal, which should make for a 1lb / week loss.

All to the good, except for this stupid plateau!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I believe in eating more to weigh less and didn't start losing again until I bumped my calories to 1800 on nonworkout days eating between 2000-2600 on workout days.

I now eat 15% less than tdee and always NET at least my BMR on workout days. So that is 1900 with sometimes an addition 300 or so more calories depending on workout.

I tried eating 1500 cals or less and I was always hungry and just miserable. There is a group out there called "Eat More to Weigh Less"... most of us out there were low calers that realizes that we have to fuel our bodies to speed up the metabolism we have slowed way down eating under our BMR.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    MFP has me at 1200 a day. So as I been reading posts I've noticed others saying your putting your body in starvation mode. I'm just curious what others average calorie intake daily? I'm 25 years old, 5"7 weighing 145 currently. And I go to gym 4-5 a week and burn between 400-750 calories depending on the day and I don't eat those calories. Should I and if so all of them? Thanks in advance :)

5'7 working out 3+ days puts you in the range of 1800-2200 calories to net! Imagine eating and losing! It's a great feeling! :happy:

I average 1900 calories a day per a 20% deficit under TDEE with a moderately active lifestyle
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    1445 which is my bmr + I try to eat all my workout calories if I can.
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    what is the idea behind eatting calories back? I felt when I was doing that I wasn't losing anything just maintaining. Also, i try to stick at 1500 cals per day and i'm 5' 7 weighting in at 142.4 on good days 144 all the other days.. ha ha. i'm also 36 years old.. and let me tell you in my 20's i was able to drop 8lbs (my goal) in no time flat and now it's a struggle. I work out 6 days a week and burn between 400 and 550 calories each workout. I feel i'm on the slow train to no where. and I agree I feel like I work out to eat :( . I definately eat better then I used to so why is it when I decide to get a package of ring dings or eat a burger out one night a week I gain 2lbs.... frustrating.

If you're eating 1500 cals in a day and then burning between 400-550 from work outs then you're only netting between 950-1100 calories ... MFP has already calculated a deficit into your calorie goal, so you should aim to NET that or your at least your BMR...
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 5, 129lbs, exercise 40mins a day and MFP put me at 1340 to lose 1lb a week, i always eat back most of my exercise calories, lost 2lb by doing so so far...will check back in on monday after my weigh-in to see if that's still the case! lol
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    i probably average from 3500-3700 cal a day, losing around a 1lb a week.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am on 1500 net (maintaining) plus exercise cals, which are between 3-500 5 days a week.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i eat 1845 on rest days, and u to 2500 on exercise days. i lose 1-2 pounds a week, depending on how strictly i stick to my plan