Really Really Trying to Make this work...would love other's

Options
myohana4
myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
I am so determined to make this work. I have tried all kinds of diets in the past. I get bored with them and then give up. I am also an emotional eater which hasn't helped because of some family illnesses which really made me depressed and I found comfort in food.

I need to make a change for myself and my family.

Really looking for a great network of friends so that we can support each other and accomplish our goals.
I know we can do this!!!

Replies

• mommy1126
    mommy1126 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to making the journey from fat to fabulous! Hope we can support each other along the way!
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You have come to the right place. Feel free to add me
  • megs2003
    megs2003 Posts: 90
    Options
    Sending a friend request. I'm not critical and like to focus on the positive things.
  • MonMon0825
    Options
    Hey there! I'm pretty new to MFP as well. I'm willing to work hard and make this work, but I dont want to do it alone so let motivate eachother!
  • myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I will add everyone! I am really excited about this journey to becoming healthy! And just feeling good about myself.

I know we can do it!
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request. I'm not critical and like to focus on the positive things.

Well I'm going add both of you then! lol

Welcome!
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too! :-)

May not know y'all but at least we have a common goal!!!
  • dianalaudat
    dianalaudat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do this Myohana4! You're here and that's the first step!... Best of all, you're not alone.
  • teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am a stress eater so i know some of what you are feeling.. I also have tried every diet imaginable just remember do it for you and you can succeed.... feel free to add me...
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    Welcome aboard! What a great place to gain motivation and support on this road to healthier :) Feel free to add. I wish you much success!!!
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Ya'll can add me!
    Ya'll..lol...see what being married to a Texan does to your vocabulary.......love it!!!
  • claramay66
    claramay66 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I too turn to food for comfort. Stress is a B***h. Feel free to add me as a pal. I am also really really trying to make this work.
  • karenzaphyr
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as well!
  • krissers9
    krissers9 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started this in January (13th) and hit my goal today! I lost 17 pounds, but this is the first time it was easier for me. I didn't expect immediate results, so I was actually satisfied with 1- 2 pounds per week. I eat whatever I want, but have learned a lot about how portion sizes effect my diet. Not eliminating things is great, but it makes you think, would I rather have those 3 cookies, which I can eat in 30 seconds, OR an apple with 1 tbs of peanut butter that will take longer to eat and make me feel less guilty. I look forward to going to the gym because a. I can add on more calories/ eat more and b. now I love showing off my arms and legs :)

I have learned to do more healthy snack through the day, to keep my metabolism going, and I save at least 500- 600 calories for dinner and another 200 for a snack.

This has also helped me make better choices when eating out, because I try to log what I want to eat before we go, so I don't feel annoyed at what I can't have.

Good luck!!!
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I use to think food was my best friend.....it was always there when I needed it. I was an ALL emotion eater. If I had good news first thing I would think of was food, bad day....yep you guessed it food. Lonely,bored. I ate for all of them. MFP is the best thing I have found and tried in aiding me with my weight loss. Everyone is so motivating and helpful. With following the calories I havent felt like I'm missing out on anything either. Good luck everyone with your journey!
  • linguist98
    Options
    feel free to add me :)