Blah!

Options
It's finals week, and I'm TRYING not to eat through the stress of non-stop studying, but I can't stop thinking about all the things I would love to shove in my face, like a whole bag of M&Ms or donuts or something! I tried to get healthy snacks, and I've been doing okay so far, but I know I'm going to go over my calories. (Example: banana chips, not so low-calorie....) Plus everyone around me is eating a ton of crap and that makes me want it more. And the stress of counting what I'm eating is just adding to the stress! Gah!! Normally I'd say, okay it's finals week, I'll go easy on myself and accept a few slip-ups, but I'm running a half marathon (my first!) on Sunday so I don't want to be totally bloated and gross-feeling by then! Any advice?

Replies

• truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It's finals week, and I'm TRYING not to eat through the stress of non-stop studying, but I can't stop thinking about all the things I would love to shove in my face, like a whole bag of M&Ms or donuts or something! I tried to get healthy snacks, and I've been doing okay so far, but I know I'm going to go over my calories. (Example: banana chips, not so low-calorie....) Plus everyone around me is eating a ton of crap and that makes me want it more. And the stress of counting what I'm eating is just adding to the stress! Gah!! Normally I'd say, okay it's finals week, I'll go easy on myself and accept a few slip-ups, but I'm running a half marathon (my first!) on Sunday so I don't want to be totally bloated and gross-feeling by then! Any advice?
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Just keep reminding yourself why you are doing it. Keep that 1/2 marathon in your mind - maybe cut out a pic of someone running and keep it in front of you. Chew minty or cinnamony gum also - the strong flavors help with cravings. Drink lots of water and study hard - that's all I can give you. Good luck on your finals and in running your 1/2 Marathon! :drinker:
  • blum0133
    blum0133 Posts: 88
    Options
    It is finals week for me too so I TOTALLY know how you are feeling! 1. keep exercising...makes you less hungry. So, if you feel like eating crap, work out for like 15-30 minutes and you wont feel hungry anymore. 2. snack on veggies or something. Those wont kill you. 3. study in a place where you arent surrounded by others eating crap...like the library or a coffee shop or something. I will be running my first marathon pretty soon so I know how you feel about this! Just keep that half marathon in mind every time you want to eat something junky and how eating it will actually ADD to your already high stress level...not something you need right now ha...hope that helps!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    If you're craving sugar I'd eat a piece of fruit with like some cinnamon if you can, or drink crystal light!