Calorie burn for 30Shred

Options
Does anyone know the calorie burn for Jillian Michaels 30 Shred?

Replies

• wluyando
    wluyando Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bump !!! I want to know too
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have been logging it as 20min circuit training, but I need to get a HRM so that I know exactly what I am burning. I think the calorie burn is different for everyone. When I log it it says around 190 calories
  • meesh109
    meesh109 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 3, and up until a couple of days ago, I was logging it as "Circuit Training, General" for 20 minutes, and it was saying 163 calories. I bought a HRM at the beginning of this week, and so for for the 27 minutes the lowest was 271 and the highest was 291.
  • meadowmail77
    meadowmail77 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing!
  • giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just got a heart rate monitor and my calories average between 225-285 depending on which level I do. I also got heavier weights (8 lbs)... I was using 5 lbs. hop this helps :smile: If you want to know specific levels i can wear it and do that level lol
    Today I did ripped in 30 and burned around 320 that was with the cool down on level 2
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I also log it as Circuit Training, General. It's about 217 calories for me for the 27 minutes. I need to invest in a HRM though because I don't think that is very accurate.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and I was 140 and 20yrs old when I did a few days of 30DS. My average calorie burn for Lvl 1 was 230 calories.

Also I am super weak and have shoulder problems so I was using no weights
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    It depends on your height, weight, how hard you work, etc. Get a HRM.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    GET AN HRM.

Honestly.. best thing you can do if you are serious about tracking calorie burn.
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I just got a heart rate monitor and my calories average between 225-285 depending on which level I do. I also got heavier weights (8 lbs)... I was using 5 lbs. hop this helps :smile: If you want to know specific levels i can wear it and do that level lol
    Today I did ripped in 30 and burned around 320 that was with the cool down on level 2

Whoa! You're an animal! I mean that in a good way! :tongue:

I'm dying with my 2 pound weights on level 1!!!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    wow you guys burn lots.. i log it as 27 min and i burn between 168-220 depending on the level. i am 5ft 2 and 132 lbs. i use 5 lbs weights/ ( i use a hrm too)
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    circuit training here on MFP closely matched the amount i got with my heart rate monitor. wish i had known they were so accurate before i bought it! but since it is an estimate, make sure you're actually working the whole time you input. of course it'll be wrong if you include the times you were just standing around lol

(it's practically accurate since they both use height/weight/age/gender)
  • Brittany39down
    Options
    I use a HRM. The other night I did level 1 and burned 225 calories, using 5 lb weights.
  • scubahsteve69
    scubahsteve69 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Been getting 400 or better...but of course I'm a 6' tall, 225lb person with some body fat to lose.

I think this just shows that it depends on each individuals circumstances and the only true way to determine, is with a HRM. Too many variables to account for ie. body type, age, weight, intensity performed, etc. A more fit person will burn less calories doing the exact same exercise as my fat butt will.
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    When I did the 30DS, I put in 25 minutes{ that is w/out cool~down} and put it under "circuit training". Now, mind you, I do not have a HRM. I lost weight { when doing 30DS I was in my healthy BMI} and inches. Blessings to you and may you have success!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I have lost 46lbs without a HRM. I'm tired of people acting like it's the only way. I just do 20 min circuit training.
  • mrscewinters
    mrscewinters Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I tried my dvd for the first time this week. Hopefully you get extra calories from getting mad and cussing at her! It was hard hard hard for this newbie!!
  • scubahsteve69
    scubahsteve69 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have lost 46lbs without a HRM. I'm tired of people acting like it's the only way. I just do 20 min circuit training.

Not saying the only way to lose weight is with a HRM. But it's most definitely the only way to get the most accurate reading for calories burned.
  • giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Whoa! You're an animal! I mean that in a good way! :tongue:

I'm dying with my 2 pound weights on level 1!!!

Lol my arms are like noodles when I'm done... Definitely very sore!!!!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options

Not saying the only way to lose weight is with a HRM. But it's most definitely the only way to get the most accurate reading for calories burned.

An HRM is still just an estimation and nobody should regard it as "the only true way" to measure calories burned.