Calorie burning muscle building workout??

Like most people on this site, I'm trying to shed weight and I would like to do it quicker than slower with the help of exercise. Does anybody know a good website or program that helps plan a good 45-60 minute workout that burns max calories and builds strength? I would love to hire a trainer but my pockets are not that deep. Please help!

Replies

• try any of the jillian michaels workout dvds or the biggest loser dvds. they helped me lose 10 pounds & am faily toned now. you can find them at walmart or target for about 10 to 12 dollars.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,916 Member
    Full body workout by training with at least one exercise for each body part. Lift heavy for 3x8. Start light if you're new to learn form, technique and be safe. Strength will increase if you're consistent.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Jillian Michaels is great for the quick body change. Haven't lost much weight, but a lot of inches have come off already!
    I'm also doing a couch-2-5k program that I modified from the one at coolrunning.com. I also do a moderate lift session on my running days at the gym. I'm focusing on compounds movements like the leg press, chest press, lat pull, row and shoulder press. I've made huge changes over the last month to my muscle tone and appearance.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    you can pretty much run any program for this. lower rest time = more calories burned . so the program is really anything you enjoy and make progress on.

things i would suggest, a simple upper lower or push pull routine .

just for examples.

up
    chest --- db or bb press
    shoulders --- db or bb shoulder press + rear delts
    back/lats --- some type of row.
    bicep/tricept weighted pullup and dips.
    traps -- wouldn't recommend these.

low
    squat , deads
    some calve exercise.
    some quad exercise
    some hamstring exercise.