1500 Calories, how shall I divide them?

Options
Just curious how many calories for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner? How many for snacks through the day?

Is there a best way? Or is the daily amount really what counts?

thank you

Replies

• justice7ca
    justice7ca Posts: 6
    Options
    Just curious how many calories for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner? How many for snacks through the day?

thank you
  • lahollis
    lahollis Posts: 11
    Options
    For myself
    Breakfast: 200-300
    Lunch: 400-450
    Dinner: 400-500
    Snacks: 100-150
    This pretty well keeps me on track. It is really according to how much exercise I get during the day. I try to never eat my calories I have burned off. I have lost about 18lbs. now so I guess it is working.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options

thank you

You can take 1500 and divide it by 5 so that's three meals and two snacks that comes out to 300 calories for each meal/snack
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also eat about 1500 calories a day. I try to divide it so I have 300 for breakfast, and 400 for lunch and dinner. This leaves about 400 for snacks (I like a snack in the afternoon in the afternoon and at night). I find that it's best to eat throughout the day like that. That's just what works for me though! Plus, it hardly ever works out perfectly :laugh: Good luck on your journey!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You also need to look at what you're doing - I eat my biggest meal in the morning, because that's when I work out, and I need the fuel to make it thru. It's also good for eating the most carbs in the morning to give you energy thru-out the day. But it depends on your schedule, and how you eat. Some people cannot eat that much for breakfast, it makes them sick.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I eat a three meals - breakfast around 450, lunch around 300-400, dinner around 400-450, then I can have a snack at night. I tend to get up and eat in the middle of the night if I don't have a nighttime snack. I find that if I eat the 5 or 6 mini meals like some folks, I forget to STOP eating!! :ohwell:

it took me a long time to figure out what works best for me, so experiment and find out whats right for you.