10 pounds in a month! story

Options
Toniithia
Toniithia Posts: 50 Member
Hey everyone, I can say I am pretty proud of myself today, I've lost 10 pounds in one month, I got grounded from my computer... forgot what I weighed the last time I used this website, and it gave me a pleasant surprise!:) My goal is to be at 190 by the end of the month, I'm hoping with hard work I can achieve that !

Last year was a very tough year for me, Janruary I had developed a Kidney stone, world record size, I was at about 190 when I had gotten it, and was being fed nothing but pain killers to help fight the Kidney stone! So I was eating very little, and laying in bed all day, and if I ever got up it was to get water, and smoke to take my mind off of the pain (ciggarettes) I went from 190 to 177 in about a month. The pain was excruciating... I've had kidney stones before 3 years previous, so I knew the pain, it was familiar, and the puking was horrible.... I puked and dry heaved so much that I blew ALL of the blood vessels in my eyes, I had no white in my eyes, it was ALL red, other than my natural green eyes, my eyes looked like christmas lights... people would hide there kids or accuse me of getting contacts! lol

I was alot more confident, and of course happy with myself at this weight, note, I carry my weight very well, so I look much smaller than I actually am! I wasn't exactly healthy though, because once I got off of the pain killers, my mood swings started escalating, and I began having hallucinations, and dellusions, so my dad took me to the Phsyc ward, I thought the cops were after me, I thought the Klu Klux Clan was in the building across from me (funny now that I think about it) but it was really scary at the time, I wouldn't eat the food because I thought they had poisoned it, or put drugs in it, so I wouldn't eat, previous to this I was on anti-seizure meds for my supposed epilepsy that I had gotten diagnosed with at 16 years old, they switched my meds to an anti-phsycotic, and the weight started piling on, I was back at 190 within two months, none of my clothes fit, and I was extremely unhappy...

I went into a treatment facility and had gained a routine to help me with my mental health, I would work out for at least 30 minutes a day, go to groups, do chores, and cook dinner, and I had recieved a social worker as well, so I was busy for a good part of the day, the new medication I was put on made me extremely tired, so all I would do was eat and sleep when I had the chance, my dad and his girlfriend were doing everything they could for me, they took me to Khols to get new clothes, which was nice, but keep in mind they were trying to change who I was, they bought me bootcut jeans, shirts that werent that flattering, or what I like, it just wasn't me. Also when I had went back home for a weekend, they had painted my room, got me a new bed spread, cleaned out my closet, and organized everything, everything was really grown up, before I had left I had collages, and paintings everywhere, everything was bright, because bright colors kept me in a good mood. I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, but everything they did was opposite of who I really was. Back in Janruary I was going to bed at 1-4 in the morning talking to anyone I could, and then my cellphone was taken away, and I had no internet privelidges, so I became very depressed, I had lost contact with most all of my friends up until June, that was when I returned home, I had gone to three different physc wards and a treatment facility starting in February, so for valentines day I was in the physc ward grouped with a bunch of people I didn't know. Let me tell you, there were some crazy people in there, and for a moment, I knew I actually belonged there because of the way I was functioning. I needed help, and I'm thankful I got it.

Well I was at 190 in the beginning of summer.. and wasn't really too happy with it, I kept thinking of how fat I was, so I was trying to eat healthy and keep active, but when I got home, it all went down hill, I lost my routine, slept, ate, and watched tv, I regained contact with my friends, but the time I got to spend with them was very limited, so at the end of summer I left for my moms, I had quit smoking when I went into the physc ward, but started up again mid summer. I quickly was at 200 by the end of the summer, I was really dissapointed I had let myself go, but since then I've gotten the dose of my medication lowered so I have ALOT more energy, I was nearly sleeping in every group I was in. Then I was actually staying up for a good part of the day without taking a nap.

Keep in mind, my appearance, I'm always trying to look good, my eyebrows were always perfect, but when I had went into the phsyc ward I couldn't have a tweezers, or makeup, and I had to take all of my piercings out, I looked like a European woman within 2 months, and my hair was RUINED because of the water. So when I got home, and put on makeup after not wearing it... my eyes were so irritated, I had to ease into it. I started going to church as well... I'm not a religious person, but now I have a new found strength.

I got to my moms, and was happy, because ultimately she is my rock, my bestfriend. We got a gym membership and started working out 40 minutes a day, but sometimes I was still too lazy to go, my diet wasn't the best, but I was working on it before I left, but I stayed at 200, I went back home, and everything went downhill again, I lost my bestfriend to a car crash in December, I became more depressed.

I had reached 212 pounds by Janruary this year, and I'm 5.4', I do carry my weight well, but for the first time I actually looked like what I had weighed.

I started working out with my dad for about a month, he practically kicked my butt everyday, I didn't lose anything, I actually gained, so I decided to take control myself, do a complete life style change, cut down my calories, and increase the excersize, and drink alot of water.

I had lost 6 pounds the first month, and have now lost 15 pounds altogether, so I am under 200 and at 196! it's been alot of hard work... but it's really been worth the feelings I get everytime I see a change on the scale. My goal is to lose 36 more pounds by July, I'm positive that I can do it!

I've also been journaling which has helped alot with getting my feelings out, I'm also seeing a counselor, and went to my doctor to tell her about my goal.

I'm finally getting back to feeling like myself again and it's been a year, I never thought getting my life back on track would be so hard, but after all the tears, I can definitely say these past two months I haven't felt this good for a while, because I'm actually doing something for myself, so those of you that ever get discouraged and think you can't lose the weight, don't let anything get in your way! the only thing keeping you from losing weight is you!

if you read this, thankyou! and good luck.

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a journey you've been through! I'm so glad that you're able to lean on your mom and dad for some extra support in the times that you needed them. Keep up the great work you're doing and I'm sure journaling will really help too. I'm a big supporter of writing how you feel down when you can't express it, just to get it out of your system. Keep persevering and I'm sure you will get to your goals :)
  • des24rob
    des24rob Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a story! Good for you on keeping faith and having a fighting spirit! I wish you all the best in your journey! You deserve it!
  • shaynemann39
    Options
    Such an inspiration, and such a story !! Keep up all the hard work. Personal motivation is the key to success and I honestly believe if you set your mind to it you can do ANYTHING you want to!! It's not about what other people think or what is surrounding us culturally, it's all how YOU feel. WAY to go !!! :)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you are an inspiration! first, thank you for sharing. it's hard to dig up the hard stuff and let other people in, so kudos to you. sounds like you have a wonderful mother you can lean on. keep on trucking, missy!!!!
  • brenbbb
    brenbbb Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow, you truly are an inspiration, I am so proud of you and I don't even know you, but you remind me a little bit of my younger sister, she is 19 and went through something alot similar. Good luck on your journey, don't ever give up, use all of your support system and always have faith in yourself and if your going to church, keep going, it will only add meaning and purpose to your life. You are amazing and beautiful!
  • scsksouthern
    scsksouthern Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You sound like such a sweet, sweet girl... I feel so bad for what you have gone through, but sounds like you are on a good path now. Believe me, writing down your thoughts daily (if possible) will be a great help, just as you said. Sometimes we can write what we can't verbalize to others, and personally, I think of writing as great therapy when we need it. Be proud of all that you've accomplished, even with all your struggles. You have already come out on top. Now, just keep putting one foot in front of the other and seek help from others when you need encouragement (or just a shoulder to lean on). Remember, even here on this site, you have many good people to help lift you up and listen to you whenever you need it. Keep in touch, and don't do anything to get your computer taken from you again! lol
  • Toniithia
    Toniithia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thankyou all so much for replying and taking the time to read about my struggles, I appreciate it so much, and it honestly made my day coming back to such nice responses :) I've never been told that I was an inspiration before, so it means a whole lot ! <3
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing :) You're doing a great job!
  • divadoll41
    divadoll41 Posts: 188
    Options
    God is good! Keep up the good work! Your testimony had tears in my eyes, but thank God for healing power!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    In alot of ways I am right there with you...enjoy the ride
  • barbies_world
    barbies_world Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i have a lot in common with you....thanks for sharing your story I hope that this is helping....would love to be your friend...im new to this
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    That is awesome that you are feeling better as a result of your hard work and great decisions. I know that beating yourself up for a bad decision makes everything spiral, so try to stay positive and forgive yourself when you aren't perfect! Being on here is awesome support and the best thing is we can have friends from all over the world, so someone is generally always on!! Keep that progress comin hon, both physically and mentally!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!