The benefits of Body Pump?

Anyone take this exercise class? It seems to be the only way I can make myself lift weights and work out muscle groups that I would never work out.

Has anyone seen noticeable improvement in muscle tone? I'm getting married in 3 months and want sculpted arms! Anyone's experience (especially women) would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    There are a lot of people who really like it.

My opinion is that your time is better spent lifting heavy weights for fewer reps, especially with a deadline like yours. I've taken Body Pump and it felt more cardio in nature to me and I wasn't sore or even stiff the next day. But...if it's the only way you're going to do strength training, it's better than nothing :)

I'd suggest picking up New Rules of Lifting for Women. My guess is that if you could follow that program for the next three months, you'd see much better results.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding :)
  • Ruthaw1961
    Ruthaw1961 Posts: 42 Member
    Body Pump is a great metabolic workout and I love it. I am starting to see definition in my arms after upping my weights but also have been supplementing additional weight training. If you like Pump, by all means, take the class but add some addtional strength training in there too.