So I have been going way over my calorie intake for a few da

Options
So I have gotten off track for a few days maybe like 4 or 5 days and I wasn't logging my food and really just eating whatever I wanted and today I refocused my mind and why I want this so I am back on it. I didn't even exercise when I was eating badly =(.. So my question is if I start again wrking out hard and eating only my calorie goal and not going over how long could I be affected by the days I did go over? I know they say it takes about a week for the food to make you gain or something like that. I don't want to gain back any of the weight that I lost and push myself farther away from my goal which I was so close to but I don't even want to step on the scale now. I really don't feel as if I gained bcuz my pants still botton but I feel really bad about it and I do gain super easy. Hope yal understand what I am asking lol.

Thanks!b:smile:

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Get back on track right now. Not tomorrow, NOW.

Stay away from the scale for the next week while you stay on track. Whatever it has to say won't serve to motivate, it can only discourage you.

You'll be okay, but only if you correct your course.
  • ashliehawk
    Options
    Get back on track right now. Not tomorrow, NOW.

Stay away from the scale for the next week while you stay on track. Whatever it has to say won't serve to motivate, it can only discourage you.

You'll be okay, but only if you correct your course.

Thanks!! And yes I have gotten back on track as of this morning.
  • Caniacgirl59
    Options
    I went off track and way over my calorie limit for about a week (Valentine's Week). I went to my dietician two weeks later, and just knew the scale wasn't going to budge. To my pure shock I had still lost an average of one pound a week like planned. She helped me realize to gain a pound I would have had to have eaten an extra 3500 calories, on top of my calorie limit needed to maintain (not lose) my current weight, in a one week period. When you think about it, that's a lot. For me that would have meant about an extra 1000 calories a day. I did log every single thing I ate though. That's been a promise to myself to log, even if I know it's going to be ugly! I've been surprised too by this because sometimes on my "bad" days, when I log everything, I see I'm not really as far over my daily goal as I thought. I think it's great you saw the pattern you were in and changed it.