Warm weather time for Speedos

Options
HealthIsMyHobby
HealthIsMyHobby Posts: 85 Member
This last week of Winter is unseasonably warm and, this brings up thoughts of swimsuit season.

So consider this: When many women lose weight and get fit, they celebrate being able to show it off in a bikini. If guys put in the effort to get to a healthy weight and exercise to get toned, shouldn't they also be allowed to show it off? :happy:

Speedos are practical for (you guessed it) swimming, comfortable, dry fast, and leave a nice tan line. The knock on them for being unsightly (esp. on fat hairy guys) or gay is bogus. Fat hairy people are unhealthy and unpleasant to look at in Speedos OR shorts. Flat fit abs are hot in Speedos AND shorts. They are popular among gay guys, but plenty of straight guys also like them. Some women/girls don't like to see the outline of a guys package, but some dig it. So, I say live and let live; look or look away; to each his/her own. :wink:

Replies

• Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Pics please.
  • HealthIsMyHobby
    Options
    bump
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    please no you can't make me wear them. i'll get beaten up
  • amazing_shrinking_woman
    Options
    Pics please.

^^^^ I agree!
  • crise40g
    crise40g Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Only dudes allowed to wear speedos are Olympic swimmers, professional bodybuilders and Europeans. That's it!

Btw, grapes and bananas ARE legal here in the US so you don't have to smuggle them in.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

hahaha
  • HealthIsMyHobby
    Options

How do you know? Have you tried? To each his/her own. Enjoy fitness, exercise and good nutrition.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    So consider this: When many women lose weight and get fit, they celebrate being able to show it off in a bikini. If guys put in the effort to get to a healthy weight and exercise to get toned, shouldn't they also be allowed to show it off? :happy:

I agree with you. Men should be able to rear them with pride. If a guy wants to wear one, he should not be judged. Women are able to wear anything from a one piece down to a thong bikini, so why not a man. If we work out hard, why cant we wear a suit that shows our hard work?
  • ashmarie484
    ashmarie484 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Only dudes allowed to wear speedos are Olympic swimmers, professional bodybuilders and Europeans. That's it!

Btw, grapes and bananas ARE legal here in the US so you don't have to smuggle them in.
    ^^^This
  • chase7512
    chase7512 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bah I wore speedos the whole week vacation in Cuba, It was great and got a great tan..lol
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Speedos are practical for (you guessed it) swimming, comfortable, dry fast, and leave a nice tan line. The knock on them for being unsightly (esp. on fat hairy guys) or gay is bogus. Fat hairy people are unhealthy and unpleasant to look at in Speedos OR shorts. Flat fit abs are hot in Speedos AND shorts. They are popular among gay guys, but plenty of straight guys also like them. Some women/girls don't like to see the outline of a guys package, but some dig it. So, I say live and let live; look or look away; to each his/her own. :wink:
    Not all fat hairy people are unhealthy :grumble:

I'm fat and hairy and I'm most certainly not unhealthy. I also wear Speedo's (i.e. the brand) shorts when swimming because they are indeed very practical rather than nylon shorts, which are ok for leisure swimming and lounging.

If you're talking about Speedos as in high-cut brief-style trunks, then I think they're ok for pool & beach, but not very practical for general leisure wear.
  • jpfost
    jpfost Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am in pretty good shape, but I wouldn't be caught dead in one!
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Mines silver disco ball color
  • HealthIsMyHobby
    Options
    bump
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    This last week of Winter is unseasonably warm and, this brings up thoughts of swimsuit season.

Do as you will.. but I see far more men, being drawn to this "speedo" look then most ladies... so if attention by the same sex is all good .. go for it.
  • bellanoelle
    bellanoelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Give me a hot man in a Speedo any day.....woot woot!
  • HealthIsMyHobby
    Options
    bump
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I swam competitively for 10 years and I lived in Speedos....sadly my current physical state does not make them appropriate or enjoyable for anyone.
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

In Australia they are known as 'Budgie smugglers' ... A Budgie is a small bird often kept as a pet (about the size of a canary)
  • HealthIsMyHobby
    Options
    bump