Endomondo app

Does anyone use this for walking/running calorie count? Do you think it's pretty accurate?

Replies

• MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    bump
  • bj6886
    bj6886 Posts: 60 Member
    We don't use it to track calories. . My husband and I use it, but in conjunction with our fitbits and he also uses a heart rate monitor.
  • fareedc
    fareedc Posts: 12 Member
    I just started using it about 2 weeks ago and i love it.
  • JaimeBrown5
    JaimeBrown5 Posts: 324
    I use it on occasion but I've never compared it with my HRM's readout for calories... I'll try it and see how it pans out if I can remember this weekend!
  • julierun34
    julierun34 Posts: 1 Member
    I've used it for 6 months or more now and love it. Calories and gps are always accurate in my opinion, just don't forget to update your weight when you lose. It's usually within 20 calories compared to a treadmill count.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    I'm not sure how accurate the calorie burn estimate is because I don't have a HRM. I just go by this site, as it's burn is lower than Endo's. I do love how accurate the gps is. I've tried other apps before, and they just don't compare.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    i started using it in the summer to track my cycling mileage and cals. I think its GREAT! It doesnt track spinning really well though.
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    I love Endomondo for tracking my bike rides as you can see your average speeds and your speeds at certain points on the ride compared to elevation etc. I'm trying to get my cycling speed up so it's a great tool for that, but the calories are a bit odd I find. If I choose "Cycling, transport" for when I'm cycling to work I get much lower calories than if I choose "Cycling, sport", even though I'm doing exactly the same speed and I'm exactly the same size person!!!

I use Endomondo to track me and a Polar HRM with chest strap for calorie burn. I ideally want a Garmin watch which does it all, but it's currently on my wishlist!!

Hope that helps.