Advice w/ food combination

Options
Okay folks......I've been here at MFP for a week.....I'm doing really well but I think I could be doing better if I was eating the right combination of foods. I noticed on some other postings that some of you will eat a protein AND a carb together....is that better? If not what is the best food combination to get better results??

203175.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Replies

• Laura021967
    Laura021967 Posts: 42
    Options
    Okay folks......I've been here at MFP for a week.....I'm doing really well but I think I could be doing better if I was eating the right combination of foods. I noticed on some other postings that some of you will eat a protein AND a carb together....is that better? If not what is the best food combination to get better results??

203175.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    Only a week and you've lost 7 lbs? Wow! I think that is great. Congratulations!
  • Laura021967
    Options
    Thanks a bunch librarygirl........ I'm pretty proud of myself.....now I'm not going to say I haven't 'fallen off the wagon' because I have but I didn't dwell on it and just picked myself up and started again.

Thanks again for the encouragement! Means a lot!!!!!
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I usually try to eat some high quality protein and fiber at each meal. The combination helps the food move more slowly through your system, which helps keep you full longer and also reduces spikes and drops in your blood sugar. Both tend to keep me nice and happy throughout the day and I rarely actually feel hungry unless someone is inconsiderate enough to schedule an emergency meeting during my lunch time :grumble:
  • Laura021967
    Options
    Thanks for the advice dclarsh....that totally makes sense.
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I really don't know a lot about food combinations either, but I have a physical trainer who is helping me. She said to always try to add a fat and a protein to a meal with carbs; never eat carbs alone.