PB2 users

Options
Reedern
Reedern Posts: 525 Member
I have been looking at this product and want to hear some opinions on it? Have any of you used it and do you like it? Any favorite recipes with it?

Replies

• ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I use it. I purchased it from Amazon.

I use it with my chocolate protein powder and plain greek yogurt. I also just used some for lunch. I made oatmeal and then mixed in vanilla protein powder (1/2 scoop) and 1/2 tbsp of PB2 and topped with some flax granola. Super yummy!
  • Reedern
    Options
    Does the flavor taste anything like real peanut butter? I think I would mostly use it in my protein shakes, but I want good flavor out of it...
  • dmcw19
    dmcw19 Posts: 129
    Options
    I have only used it in shakes. It does taste like real peanut butter.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Does the flavor taste anything like real peanut butter? I think I would mostly use it in my protein shakes, but I want good flavor out of it...

To me it's not as creamy as regular peanut butter, but when it's mixed into stuff, then you can't tell. But when mixing it with water as a spread, I can tell it's not the same, but it's still good. Hope that helps some!
  • Reedern
    Options
    Bump
  • DollHouseKiera
    Options
    PB2 is great as a mix in for shakes and oatmeal, but if you search for "peanut flour" you can find waaaay cheaper alternatives.
  • Reedern
    Options
    bump
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I eat it everyday.

If you grew up on Jif and Skippy type peanut butter, it may not be as easy a transition. I grew up on natural peanut butter and PB2 tastes pretty much like the PB I grew up on.

I eat it on toast every morning. Usually a mix of one serving of regular and one of chocolate.

I've also added it to Greek yogurt, made it with hot water and increased the water amount to make a sauce for ice cream (or popcorn - air popped popcorn + a bag + PB2 mixed to sauce consistency + lots of shaking = deliciousness). I've also used it in baking, both in recipes, as an ingredient in a filling for cupcakes and even frosted cupcakes with straight chocolate PB2 before.

I've also used it in place of tahini in hummus and the hubby never noticed. As well as mixing it with spices as well as extra water again and making a quick peanut sauce for chicken.

I think it's fabulous and extremely versatile. I buy it in fairly large amounts because I'm constantly using it and it's a better value then just buying a few jars.
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at this product and want to hear some opinions on it? Have any of you used it and do you like it? Any favorite recipes with it?

I absolutely love it!! my only complaint is it is not good to use for baking in place of actual peanut butter
  • samthomason
    samthomason Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've never used PB2 b/c I can't buy it at any nearby stores but I have tried Bettern Peanut Butter Chocolate and I am OBSESSED with it. I have to limit myself b/c I already go through a jar a week! My favorite is two tablespoons of it with one tsp of agave nectar for dessert. YUM! To me it's like eating chocolate frosting; I can't get enough. That being said, my husband thinks it tastes like burnt chocolate, so to each his own.
  • Reedern
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I am going to get some and try it out. It sounds like exactly what I want for my protein shakes and possible other options.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    OH DEAR GODS! This is the BEST STUFF EVER! I swear, I am not lying. I LOVE peanut butter and this stuff is simply amazing! You will not regret buying it. :love:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I love pb2 I use it it my shakes

1 tbsp pb2 powder
    1cup unsweetened almond vanilla milk
    1/2 scoop moccachino synthia 6 protein powder
    Torani hazelnut sugar free syrup
    Yummy :)
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I use it. I love it!
    My favorite thing to do with PB2 is to mix it up 1/2 plain and 1/2 chocolate then use it on rice cakes. Yummy.
  • pattan59801
    pattan59801 Posts: 142
    Options
    Never heard of it???????
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    recently heard of it- ordered it from amazon and I plan to use it in my protein shakes...
  • pghsteelerfan
    pghsteelerfan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Got my PB2 from vitacost for less than $5.00 a jar...and u got a $10.00 discount for first time customer...and if u refer a friend, u get another 10.00......for future purchases..... vitacost.com
  • FireballStrike
    Options
    PB2 is bomb-alicious! It does have a different consistancy than regular or natural PB to me, but at 53 calories for 2 tablespoons? Can't beat it!

I found it for a reasonable price on Netrition: http://www4.netrition.com/bell_plantation_pb2.html

Happy PB eating!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    When I was in WW to get in my "healthy oils" I would add a little to the PB2 - it made it a better consistency. PB2 on a rice cake w/a sliced banana (and maybe some mini-chocolate chips) = YUMMY!!
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Just like an above poster....I ordered my PB2 from amazon today. Everyone raves for it. So I just have to try it. The lower calories is a huge deal. Plus, I believe it still has the protein. My mouth is watering. I can't wait to try it. I hope I like it as much as everyone else. It was expensive on amazon. Especially after shipping. But my health and slender figure is totally worth it.