Are you dieting in secret?

Options
2»

Replies

• Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm not broadcasting it. My fiance and my best friend know and they're also my friends on MFP, but that's it. I don't go around telling people I gained weight, why would I say anything about losing it? I would talk to someone about it if they asked, though, I don't see a reason to be secretive.
  • toasterlisa
    toasterlisa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My husband is all in on it, but I'm not talking to anyone else about it.

There are women at my office who are on a diet, lose a bunch of weight, go off the diet, gain in back. When they are "on" the diet, all they talk about is food, and how much weight they've lost. I walk away from those conversations.

If I eat out with someone and I make a lighter choice, only if asked, I will say "I'm just trying to make good food choices."

Best wishes on your health and wellness journey!
  • fluecok
    fluecok Posts: 52
    Options
    yes!

family thinks its funny =(

so i dont tell them anything at all
    they think its a big joke

but thanks to ppl like you all im all in!!!! =D
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This is me for the most part. People who have noticed have asked and I keep my answers pretty simple. I say I'm trying to eat healthier and be more active, yada yada. I don't really care who knows but I'm not putting it out there, except to close family and friends and others I know that are making the same changes - so basically only the people I've decided I want to be able to turn to for support.
  • Minnie92x
    Minnie92x Posts: 107
    Options
    From my family.

My mum has an eating disorder so goes crazy when I mention 'diet'
  • Reecebullet
    Reecebullet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If friends ask me, I'll (and have) happily came out with it. Family, however, I deny over and over. It just becomes an awkward and judgmental situation, which makes it easier just to say no.

I do admit to friends if they ask, but I don't go around broadcasting about it. I'll just down-play it too. I'm a rather private person, so it just fits in nicely really.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Only from my guy friends because they're close-minded a@@holes about stuff like that.

if I could "like" this, I would. only my mom and my boyfriend know. I don't really eat around people (mostly guys cause of my major) at school because all they want to eat is sheetz and taco bell and long before I tried to eat healthy that crap would make me sick, so I don't think they think it's unusual I bring food to eat from home. and we all know men are way too unobservant to notice what I eat is changing. ;) no offense guys, I like most of you!
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I also don't tell people things because I'm afraid to jinx myself. I never tell anyone when I'm applying to jobs, and extremely few people at school know I'm taking the FE exam a year early. lol.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I just tell people I am trying to eat right. Since I am in the mindset this is for life I don't really say I am on a 'diet'...